Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Last minute planning help if I may?

Hi all👍

It’s two weeks until we visit DLP for 2.5 days. So far all I’ve planned is to make use of the two early mornings - one each at the Studios and the Magic Kingdom.

Our plan for the early Studios morning, is to rush straight to Crush, then to Ratatouille (we’ve not riden this before, so would like our first time to be altogether, but then would try the single rider queue if we want to go again later), then Toy Soldier Parachutes and Tower of Terror.

Does that sound like a viable plan for the early hour?

We would then plan on riding the rest (slinky, RC racers, RNRC, flying carpets and the studio tram tour) once the park opens properly. There is also the first Motor show at 11.15am & then a Mickey and the Magician show at 12.55pm - I’ve read that you need to queue for Mickey & the Magician half an hour early - is that about right in August? Would you need to arrive early for the Motor show too?

I’m trying to work out if this is a productive plan? I like the idea of staying and getting the whole of the studios ‘done’ once, but I keep reading that the studios isn’t even a half a day park, so will we be hanging around waiting for these shows, or as this is August would this plan be about right? I’m guessing we could single rider queue for ratatouille a second time if we have sped through things?

As for our early morning at Magic Kingdom - I’m planning to go straight to thunder mountain. Then go right across to Tomorrowland to Buzz, then Space Mountain, orbitron & Star Tours. Then we would head back across for park opening (possibly just after I realise) to do Phantom Manor, indie, pirates before the queues start building. My question is - what do you do about fastpasses? Thunder mountain is our fav ride and I know the FPs run out early on, so I was thinking of grabbing a FP on our way back from Tomorrowland for whatever time we can get, but I was also hoping to get on Thunder mountain at closing one day as we love it in the dark - would you just bite the bullet and queue for that? Or is it worth messing about watching the FP times and get one of those? If we have to face one long queue, we’d all prefer it to be for thunder mountain and at night when we are cooler and are in effect finished for the day! - what do you recommend?

I’m assuming with our plan, the only way we are going to see Peter Pan is if we try to get a fast pass for there too - is it still the case that you can get a second fastpass two hours after you pick up your first one? I’m thinking about possibly getting to Thunder Mountain to collect one at 10am (am I right in thinking that the FPs don’t start until 10am opening?) and then going to Peter Pan to grab one there at 12pm - or do you think they’ll have all gone by then during August?

Finally - the lion king show? Is this another one to start queueing half an hour before show time and you’ll be fine, or is the MasterCard seat reservation the way to go? (We do have Mastercards but I read that you should go straight to city hall upon arrival during early morning and if we have to choose between that and queueing for a speedier entry to crush or thunder, then the latter two win! )

Anyway, sorry for the ultra long post! I’m just trying to plan for the best! I’ve already written off the afternoons as the queue times look horrendous, so we will probably eat in the Village at that time and then just brave the queues from late afternoon onwards when the weather hopefully is a bit kinder! Hope this sounds like a good plan - but any advice from summer DLP experts is much appreciated 👍🙂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 19, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Hi!

We came back a little over a week ago after watching our girls dance in Disneyland Parc. Whilst we have been AP holders in the past, this was our first time during July/August.

BTM was not open during EMH. Our plan of action was Peter Pan, IASW (as the smallest one loves it), then round to HSM and Buzz. We walked over to Frontierland about ten mins before rope drop and hot footed it to BTM where we grabbed FP for 10.30 but also walked more or less straight on. We then did Indiana Jones, before going back for our FP on BTM. We grabbed another FP for it before riding though and from memory that was for 11.35. So we hit Phantom Manor and the Pirates before doing our second BTM FP and then joining the Lion King Show queue at just before 12 ( for the 12.30 show). We were one of the last in; maybe another 50 behind us but there were some spare seats. We were sat to the side but could see most things. We decided not to sit right at front but a few rows back.

After the show we went back to grab a Buzz FP and did Star Tours, HSM and Buzz ( we did stop for drinks and snacks!).

We were amazed at how much we managed by about 2.15pm despite criss crossing the park!

We ate at Rainforest without any wait at 3.30pm and then nipped into the studios to do Slinky, RC Racer (25 mins is our tolerance and I think it was just about that) and then RnR.

As for EMH in studios, I would go to Crush then Ratatouille. I would get ToT FP as early as you can. Parachutes do seem to often hit 25 mins so if you see that or better, queue!

We did MasterCard a few times when AP holders but then it was certainly a case of doing it as soon as you walk in as very limited ( which confused me as lots of seats reserved for it in Stunt Show but hardly any taken). We didn’t use for Mickey, but were happy to queue with a drink and snack.

Re FPs, if you get one that is for 10.30-11.00, you can get your next one as soon as 10.30 rolls round (well 10.31 maybe!).

Have a lovely time. X
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.

Edited at 08:30 AM.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
Hi!

We came back a little over a week ago after watching our girls dance in Disneyland Parc. Whilst we have been AP holders in the past, this was our first time during July/August.

BTM was not open during EMH. Our plan of action was Peter Pan, IASW (as the smallest one loves it), then round to HSM and Buzz. We walked over to Frontierland about ten mins before rope drop and hot footed it to BTM where we grabbed FP for 10.30 but also walked more or less straight on. We then did Indiana Jones, before going back for our FP on BTM. We grabbed another FP for it before riding though and from memory that was for 11.35. So we hit Phantom Manor and the Pirates before doing our second BTM FP and then joining the Lion King Show queue at just before 12 ( for the 12.30 show). We were one of the last in; maybe another 50 behind us but there were some spare seats. We were sat to the side but could see most things. We decided not to sit right at front but a few rows back.

After the show we went back to grab a Buzz FP and did Star Tours, HSM and Buzz ( we did stop for drinks and snacks!).

We were amazed at how much we managed by about 2.15pm despite criss crossing the park!

We ate at Rainforest without any wait at 3.30pm and then nipped into the studios to do Slinky, RC Racer (25 mins is our tolerance and I think it was just about that) and then RnR.

As for EMH in studios, I would go to Crush then Ratatouille. I would get ToT FP as early as you can. Parachutes do seem to often hit 25 mins so if you see that or better, queue!

We did MasterCard a few times when AP holders but then it was certainly a case of doing it as soon as you walk in as very limited ( which confused me as lots of seats reserved for it in Stunt Show but hardly any taken). We didn’t use for Mickey, but were happy to queue with a drink and snack.

Re FPs, if you get one that is for 10.30-11.00, you can get your next one as soon as 10.30 rolls round (well 10.31 maybe!).

Have a lovely time. X
Thank you ever so much for posting - that’s a massive help!

So terrific to hear you were able to get so much done, and having ‘dinner’ at 3.30 ish fits in with my thoughts, as I’ve been keeping an eye on queue times this past week and 3-6pm seems crazy busy!

Thank you so much for replying in such detail, I really appreciate it x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Eating around 3pm is a good plan. We usually do that - big buffet breakfast to keep us going, main meal around 3pm, and top up with snacks while in queues.

You should be ok just turning up for the stunt show - we walked off a nearby ride and saw that a show was starting in the next 5 mins, so we went in and easily got seats (quite far back, but the view is still fine.)

Your plan seems good, but I’d just say not to worry if the timings end up being out. Depending on how fast you get to Crush, you could be there for a while, so that could throw everything else off. You should still get everything done though, so it wouldn’t be a problem.

Also, make sure you’ve got the DLP app, so you can abandon your plans to run across the park for an unexpectedly short queue on any of the rides you’re planning to do (or even rides you weren’t planning to do - call it a bonus if you can add in another ride for the sake of 10 minutes!)
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Eating around 3pm is a good plan. We usually do that - big buffet breakfast to keep us going, main meal around 3pm, and top up with snacks while in queues.

You should be ok just turning up for the stunt show - we walked off a nearby ride and saw that a show was starting in the next 5 mins, so we went in and easily got seats (quite far back, but the view is still fine.)

Your plan seems good, but I’d just say not to worry if the timings end up being out. Depending on how fast you get to Crush, you could be there for a while, so that could throw everything else off. You should still get everything done though, so it wouldn’t be a problem.

Also, make sure you’ve got the DLP app, so you can abandon your plans to run across the park for an unexpectedly short queue on any of the rides you’re planning to do (or even rides you weren’t planning to do - call it a bonus if you can add in another ride for the sake of 10 minutes!)
Thank you - yes we often abandon all of my plans once we get somewhere! Lol!

I think I was just really trying to preplan as much as possible, and make the most of the best times to do things - for example knowing that 3pm is a good time to eat to avoid the worst of the afternoon crowds is a big help (so thank you for that reassurance &#128077, and just managing my children’s expectations that it will be busy and we will have to queue at some point! - but ensuring that we are queueing in the wisest way possible - so great tip about the app!

Thanks so much for posting 👍