Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 12 Aug 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile Resale - what can’t we do?

We’re considering adding on through resale but I’m wondering what perks we wouldn’t be able to use those points for?
For example we did moonlight magic this week, we wanted to take family along too but only had 4 of us staying on our points so just the four of us went. If we wanted to take more guests along, using the additional resale contract, could we do that?
Do my points merge with an additional contract? If I don’t have enough points in one contract, when I book will they just automatically take from the other?

We only have 160 points for akv currently and now that we can only travel during the summer I want/need more
Old 12 Aug 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Jasonharry
VIP Dibber

Mobile

You can’t use those points to stay in riviera or future resorts.
You wouldn’t be able to use them on cruises but that’s not great value anyway.
Really the only perks are using top of the world lounge, but you retain the other privileges with your other contract anyway
Jasonharry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jasonharry View Post
You can’t use those points to stay in riviera or future resorts.
You wouldn’t be able to use them on cruises but that’s not great value anyway.
Really the only perks are using top of the world lounge, but you retain the other privileges with your other contract anyway
Thank you, sounds like resale is absolutely the way to add on!
Old 13 Aug 19, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Jasonharry gives v good advice. I own direct and resale, and the perks I've had out of direct amount to a very modest sum in monetary value. I've never even made Moonlight Magic.
Old 13 Aug 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
I think the Question on the MM, the answer is No ( not 100% though) :
You will either have the same member no, so still the same 4 person limit or
The resale points will have a different member no but no membership card so nothing to show when asked IYKWIM
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
zavandor
Earning More Ears

If you are staying onsite on points, any type of points, then you have access to pool hopping and the BLT lounge.

If you own at least one direct contract with 75 points minimum or a grandfathered contract (like you currently do) then you qualify for Membership Magic, i.e. the blue card.
If you own the card, then if you're in WDW, even staying offsite or cash on that trip, you have access to the MM benefits, like the dining and merchandise discount, access to the Epcot lounge, Moonlight Magic events (subject to availability).

If you own a mix of direct/grandfathered points and new resale points (bought after the restriction were introduced this year), then you'll only be able to use your direct points to book Riviera, Reflection and the newest resorts.
So if you add-on resale to your AKV contract, you'll only be able to use the 160 points to book Riviera. You'll be able to use the resale points only at the legacy 14 resorts.

Note: if you later sell the AKV direct contract and keep resale contract, you will NOT qualify anymore to Membership Magic so you'll lose your blue card and its benefits.

Regarding the specific question about MM, I think that if you book a 2BR with a mixture of direct and resale points and your guests are in the same reservation as you, then you can bring them along. If they're in a separate room, then no. That's because YOU qualify for the perk, so people in a reservation you're staying in can be invited for the event.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
zavandor is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 19, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by zavandor View Post
If you are staying onsite on points, any type of points, then you have access to pool hopping and the BLT lounge.

If you own at least one direct contract with 75 points minimum or a grandfathered contract (like you currently do) then you qualify for Membership Magic, i.e. the blue card.
If you own the card, then if you're in WDW, even staying offsite or cash on that trip, you have access to the MM benefits, like the dining and merchandise discount, access to the Epcot lounge, Moonlight Magic events (subject to availability).

If you own a mix of direct/grandfathered points and new resale points (bought after the restriction were introduced this year), then you'll only be able to use your direct points to book Riviera, Reflection and the newest resorts.
So if you add-on resale to your AKV contract, you'll only be able to use the 160 points to book Riviera. You'll be able to use the resale points only at the legacy 14 resorts.

Note: if you later sell the AKV direct contract and keep resale contract, you will NOT qualify anymore to Membership Magic so you'll lose your blue card and its benefits.

Regarding the specific question about MM, I think that if you book a 2BR with a mixture of direct and resale points and your guests are in the same reservation as you, then you can bring them along. If they're in a separate room, then no. That's because YOU qualify for the perk, so people in a reservation you're staying in can be invited for the event.
Lots of good advice and reasoning there. Many thanks