Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

We can’t access Virgin in our street.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Feebee2
Imagineer

I don't think anyone pays more than us. £85 pounds with BT for TV, phone and internet. Hubby also has a mobile with low usage.
At one point it was over a £100. Plus they keep extending our contract.
I think they saw us coming.
Feebee2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dawnfletch
slightly serious Dibber

Dawnfletch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Each year we look at all our bills & always see if we can get it cheaper.
We don't have Sky, Netflix or Amazon as we hardly watch TV. We pay £22 a month for 3 mobiles. £75 a month for both gas & Electric combined. £25 for broadband. Don't think we do to bad. I am such a Mrs Scrooge 🙄
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Challenge your house and contents insurance also.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
w3dal
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Feebee2 View Post
I don't think anyone pays more than us. £85 pounds with BT for TV, phone and internet. Hubby also has a mobile with low usage.
At one point it was over a £100. Plus they keep extending our contract.
I think they saw us coming.
Ours will shoot to £141 when our deal finishes next month
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
Well I was on the phone about half an hour because our Broadband has gone down and the kids were (still are) rioting! But the changing the contract bit took 10-15 minutes. I was very pleasant and said I know it’s my fault I’m overpaying as I’ve just let the contract run and run but given I clearly am can we do a full review please. The young man said it was refreshing to speak to someone not shouting at him for things out of his control and he was going to get Be every deal possible for being so civil to him. So I’d suggest a tactic of been nice! He came up with a new price to start with after we’d taken kids TV and F1 off (I have no idea why we even had F1 I hate it? ! ? ) and then he went back into his system to look for any other deals to apply and found two more but they are 18m time limited. He advised me then to call back in 17m to review again.
I think we are paired down to what we want already, DH has been with them so long that he has F1 (the only sport he watches) in his HD deal anyway. I will give them a ring as everyone else seems to be on a better deal with them & we dont even have BB with them
Old 26 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pino_Spetzberg View Post
We originally had Sky Sports F1HD as part of the HD Pack.
For a few years the price crept up but it was still cheaper than having the F1 any other way. We supposedly had a 'Grandfather' deal.
This year we realised that was no longer any benefit whatsoever. So we rang up and swapped to paying for F1 as a separate channel (in HD).
Everybody at Sky mentioned F1 being the reason our old package was so pricey, and suggested we lose it to get a better price.
Anybody that doesn't watch F1 should contact Sky immediately and take it off, for a cheaper package, if they are on that old deal.
You told me about the Grandfather deal once before Pino & life has taken over so have not done anything about it since you mentioned it as that looks like what we have at present. DH still wants to watch the F1 so what is the separate channel deal please? I think I saw you could have it for £18 as a stand alone? I dont want to take it off & he misses it because I have made a mistake. Would I have to ring up next year before it starts again in March in order to have it as a stand alone then?
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Would I have to ring up next year before it starts again in March in order to have it as a stand alone then?
So far as I know, you can change your subscription package at any time.
The 'old HD Pack' which included Sky Sports F1HD, and a mix of entertainment, news, kids, Box Sets, all in HD, was costing us £46 per month.
Eventually this was changed to £25 per month, without kids, but keeping Box Sets, all in HD.
To add F1 was £13, plus £3 to watch F1 in HD. Making the monthly total £41.
Around this time, Sky changed HD pricing so it was no longer charged separately. Taking it down to £35. (Removing £3 + £3 for the two HD Packs.)

Our subscription package is now £25, for the 'entertainment' channels (Sky One, Sky Witness, Sky Atlantic, Fox, etc.), including Box Sets. We pay £10 for Sky Sports F1HD.

This price is fixed for 18 months, after a 'conversation' following Sky trying to increase it, by claiming the discount was fixed, not the monthly amount, they agreed it was fixed, in writing.

I'm not claiming my 'deal' is particularly cheap, but it's the best we could manage. I know people that pay much less but have everything.

So far as I know, Sky F1 is not presently on offer at £10 monthly, it's advertised at £18 monthly.

Even if you abandon your old HD Pack you could still pay less. Dropping from £46 to £38.
This should give you a mix of entertainment channels, Box Sets, and F1, all in HD.

That's not great though. I'm sure you can sort out a better deal, especially if F1 is on offer again.

Ring Sky or contact them on chat.

Good luck !
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
minshus
Excited about Disney

I always phone up at the end of my contract and go through the dance of trying to get a better deal, they reduce it by a bit circa 25%, but I know they can do better, so I just cancel the whole thing.

On the day or day after my service is due to stop I have always received a better discount offer on my account homepage offering 60% discount.

So I phone up, accept that offer and go into contract again for 18 months, this will be the 4th time I've done this, the risk is they will not offer me a good enough deal to go back, and I'm stuck on NOW TV, but that's the risk I'm willing to take. I'm not paying them over £100 a month just for TV, I have ultrafast Broadband with BT, but don't get me started on how expensive that is!

Edited at 04:31 PM.
minshus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by minshus View Post
I always phone up at the end of my contract and go through the dance of trying to get a better deal, they reduce it by a bit circa 25%, but I know they can do better, so I just cancel the whole thing.

On the day or day after my service is due to stop I have always received a better discount offer on my account homepage offering 60% discount.So I phone up, accept that offer and go into contract again for 18 months, this will be the 4th time I've done this, the risk is they will not offer me a good enough deal to go back, and I'm stuck on NOW TV, but that's the risk I'm willing to take. I'm not paying them over £100 a month just for TV, I have ultrafast Broadband with BT, but don't get me started on how expensive that is!
At that much discount each time you must be well on your way to paying zero by now 😉😂
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort

Edited at 04:47 PM.
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List