Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We also went Easter, fly drive with BA 2ad and a 15yr old.
We bought our park tickets via Disney and we also got max pass
Our tickets worked out at $40 a day plus $10 a day for max pass.( These ticket were an offer and had to be used before 19 May)
For us we thought the max pass was brilliant.
We stayed at Hyatt House in a studio suite with 2 queen beds, which looked out over the Disney fireworks. 5-10 minutes walk.
Breakfast was included which was very good indeed!
We stayed in Hollywood for a few days in Lowes Hollywood, which is excellent and done Universal studios
Then had a 4 nights in Santa Monica using air bnb. Then went on to Vegas and stayed in the Cosmopolitan.
I would definitely go back to Disney & Universal but won’t be going anywhere near Vegas again.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve just booked for February half term - just a week. We’ve booked a fly drive with BA, with SUV for £1390 for 4 people. Just need to book a hotel - thinking of Best Western Stovall, but will wait a bit. We’ll probably get a 5 day ticket for DL, but want to do a bit of sightseeing as well.

I prefer to book everything myself, and have had BA flydrives for several years now. Not sure on crowd levels in February, but it’ll be warmer than here.
Old 12 May 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sizzle
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 11
We’ve just got back, did 5 nights at Loews Hollywood and then moved to Anaheim where we spent 2 nights at the Grand Californian as it was my 50th then moved to the Sheraton Park Hotel where we got a fab upgrade to premium room, club level with view of the fireworks. We were lazy though and purchased a bus pass to use at it literally dropped you outside the hotel door so have no idea how long it took to walk to the parks. We booked diy through ebookers and Priceline and got 5 day park tickets from Undercover Tourist as there was a deal on at the time.
We found the parks a lot busier than we expected on the weekdays and had to purchase the maxpass a couple of days which worked brilliantly. The weather wasn’t brilliant and was mostly low to mid 20s during the day and a lot cooler/cold early mornings and evenings and we even saw a short shower.
We flew Air New Zealand and used Uber to get around.
Old 12 May 19, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
sunnysandra
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
We’ve just booked for February half term - just a week. We’ve booked a fly drive with BA, with SUV for £1390 for 4 people. Just need to book a hotel - thinking of Best Western Stovall, but will wait a bit. We’ll probably get a 5 day ticket for DL, but want to do a bit of sightseeing as well.

I prefer to book everything myself, and have had BA flydrives for several years now. Not sure on crowd levels in February, but it’ll be warmer than here.
What dates have you booked in February?
sunnysandra is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We go in a few days time, third visit, booked a flydrive with ba flying into Vegas and driving down, with car for three weeks , and pe seating on way back we paid less than £1200 for us both a fantastic price.

We’ve stayed onsite ( expensive) and in a good neighbour hotel, and we’re just doing a couple of days, the parks are really small and easy to get round, last year we did one day and managed everything.

We’re heading off for a three weeks driving tour and revisiting some of our favourite places in Utah and Arizona after this.

Weather was unseasonably cold last year, but this year looks better .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lena1974
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post

What's BA like to fly with? We are flying with them for the first time in July, normally we fly virgin to Florida but was too expensive. Kinda gutted by everyones prices, we paid £4.7 for BA flights + SUV (2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child). Maybe its cause its July and my teenagers are classed as adult fares?
Lena1974 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lena1974 View Post
What's BA like to fly with? We are flying with them for the first time in July, normally we fly virgin to Florida but was too expensive. Kinda gutted by everyones prices, we paid £4.7 for BA flights + SUV (2 adults, 2 teenagers, 1 child). Maybe its cause its July and my teenagers are classed as adult fares?
I went in July previously and paid £2200 for two adults and two children (teens) sorry ... that was BA. I checked prices every single day though, twice a day and just waited till I found the right price. We paid for the SUV on top, I think it was £600 for just under three weeks.
Old 13 May 19, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are going next year last week in August first week in sept and have booked flights with TC going out in economy and back in premium and paid £2000 for 3 adults. It would have been £180 but we paid extra to make the fare flexible as though my son is well now he has had some health issues and we didn’t want to risk it with it being so far away.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Originally Posted by sunnysandra View Post
What dates have you booked in February?
We’re flying out 15 February, and back 22 February (landing 23rd). Kids have an inset day on the Monday, to hopefully combat some of the jet lag. Our return flight is with AA, and have already booked seats for free for that leg.
Old 13 May 19, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lena1974 View Post
We’ve flown BA several times to Florida and once to New York. The flights have been fine. We’ve flown Virgin, TC and TUI as well, and they’re all much a muchness - they get you there.

I would say the IFE isn’t as vast as Virgin, but it’s enough to see you through the flight.

We’ve been fortunate to get good deals on the fly drives, usually booking in the sale.