Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 9 Jun 19, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Best rooms in port Orleans riverside?

Morning all! We are off to port Orleans riverside at Christmas and have a garden view room booked. I’ve read it’s a massive resort - any recommendations for room requests/areas of the resort? We like a quiet room with a nice view, balconies if possible. Not fussed about distance from lobby, restaurant etc as we don’t mind a walk. Any recommendations? Thanks!
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

touringplans/hotel_maps/...%5Bview%5D=440
Old 9 Jun 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mackenzies03
Serious Dibber

Mobile

It’s got my filters on it so you’ll have to have a play around but it gives you photographs of what view you will have when you’re there 😊 then at least if you find an exact room you like then you can request it
Old 9 Jun 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
Morning all! We are off to port Orleans riverside at Christmas and have a garden view room booked. I’ve read it’s a massive resort - any recommendations for room requests/areas of the resort? We like a quiet room with a nice view, balconies if possible. Not fussed about distance from lobby, restaurant etc as we don’t mind a walk. Any recommendations? Thanks!
POR has no balconies. They have walkways ( think motel style).

If you don’t need the Murphy bed then I think magnolia bend is the prettiest part of the resort. We were there in May and we were in alligator bayou which we didn’t like BUT personally I’d look at the bus routes and aim for a block near the first or second bus stop, by the third and fourth the busses are full. We were in building 34 next to the first stop always got a seat and always dropped off first.

Views are really not like normal hotel views as you are looking out across a walkway first

Enjoy, it’s a pretty resort whenever you stay

Check out this for rooms bus routes etc.

portorleans/

There is also an excellent POR Facebook group
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

We are staying in POR for the first time next July and am hoping to request Magnolia Bend as I prefer the look of this area of the resort. I’m hoping to request building 85 and an upper floor room. We have Garden View booked and 2 queen sized beds.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were in a royal room so didn't really have much choice of areas but one piece of advice is request a non pet room we checked in the room was covered in pet hair it was all stuck to carpet they even came and deep cleaned carpet next day but it was still in places.
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
350chevy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by BellaBess View Post
We were in a royal room so didn't really have much choice of areas but one piece of advice is request a non pet room we checked in the room was covered in pet hair it was all stuck to carpet they even came and deep cleaned carpet next day but it was still in places.
Oh no, that's not what you expect from Disney is it?! We have a hairy labrador so we are used to a bit of dog hair but I still wouldn't expect it from a hotel room! I don't know what Disney were thinking when they introduced pet rooms
350chevy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
We are staying in POR for the first time next July and am hoping to request Magnolia Bend as I prefer the look of this area of the resort. I’m hoping to request building 85 and an upper floor room. We have Garden View booked and 2 queen sized beds.
I was in 2 bed Garden View Room and requested Magnolia Bend too, and ended up in Acadia House (building 80)

Heres some pics of my room/building:

My room was Room No 8213, Heres some of the resort taken on my
morning walk between there and the Food Court/Reception:

PS these pics all taken Sept 2017

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I stayed in a Magnolia Bend room last March. It was a great location, just a Short walk to everything. Only disappointment was the room was very tired looking and a bit run down. Old TV, dark furnishings etc not really a problem but for the price it was a let down appearance wise. However I would have asked for that location so can’t grumble
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
BellaBess
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by 350chevy View Post
Oh no, that's not what you expect from Disney is it?! We have a hairy labrador so we are used to a bit of dog hair but I still wouldn't expect it from a hotel room! I don't know what Disney were thinking when they introduced pet rooms
We were not too impressed the carpets were quite dark so didn't notice at first until I knelt on floor to change our daughter but once we told them they did there best to try and sort it , I never even thought about dog hair as I know for example Haven have caravans that are just for pets so I thought the same might apply.
The walk to Port Orleans French Quater was quite nice as they had the coke freestyle machine which Riverside didn't.
BellaBess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List