General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 4 Aug 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Looks fabulous. Love the idea of the chef coming to the villa !
She is a local lady who loves to cook . They send you a menu to choose from so we went for the Sicilian dishes. Her husband cane a set all the table outside for dining , chose wine etc while she cooked. Sicilian food is very simple but the flavours are nothing like we’ve tasted. We had bruschetta but not as we no it , for mains anelletti al forno, traditional Sicilian baked pasta with a tomato and meat sauce, then we had roasted potatoes as a separate course , they were off the chart followed by almond parfait with homemade chocolate sauce . She was an exceptional cook and we saw her in the village a few times after . Felt a little strange sat while she cooked but she wouldn’t let us in the kitchen lol. It was well worth the money . We slso are in the village and had the fresh caught seafood , prawns , octopus, sea urchins , oysters . Baked sardines ( hate sardines but these just melted including the bone ) . They photo doesn’t do them justice , these were €12 each . Packed with flavour .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Thank you so much for posting, Sicily is on my must do list.

Your villa looks beautiful.
I would highly recommend solo Sicily but they are pricey ( €4500 a week! For this ). It was luxury though and a very special treat for us all . Mum loved us being together here but with space and large rooms tone alone as well .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

The chef'd thing looks and sound amazing.

We were recommended by a Sicilian lecturer I had to tour a lap of the island by car around the coast staying at pensiones (or locandos). These should be smaller/cheaper family run places which will also feed you what they eat (usually great). I've never looked into this but sharing the tip in case anyone else finds it useful.

How I'm going to deal with the food cravings I now have today from your photos Mexy I have no idea
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

Looks absolutely stunning love Italy but never been to Sicily.
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

We loved our stay in Cefalu beautiful town, we didn't drive, we went in to the capital by train, but we didn't like it as it was so busy, it felt like London, we was much happier soaking up the atmosphere away from the hustle 😆
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by fleurbie View Post
We loved our stay in Cefalu beautiful town, we didn't drive, we went in to the capital by train, but we didn't like it as it was so busy, it felt like London, we was much happier soaking up the atmosphere away from the hustle 😆
Isnt Cefalù beautiful 😍 I fell in love with it . I love the old feel to it and nothing is overpriced like other tourist areas in the med. we actually got caught up in a christening in the cathedral unaware but no one asked us to leave etc ( we did when we realised what was going off lol.) . The organ in the cathedral is mind blowing ply beautiful though .
we didnt do Palermo , except for the airport as I thought it looked very busy , but my sister did and she liked it . She said the historic centre was well worth a visit but they do Live in Sydney. I just loved cefalu and that most places had a sea view in a little nook somewhere. I can’t explain it really but it stole my heart.

I agree cmg, there were lots of places to stay that were a lot cheaper , clean but basic but it’s a very basic place but charming . They will bend over backwards to help you even though there is very little English spoken at all. I’d like to do the other side of the island now.
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 4 Aug 19, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Wow, that villa looks amazing and the food! Thanks for sharing, we really fancy Italy next year.
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Have just booked flights for Sicily next year, so I thought I'd post on this thread. We're also thinking about Cefalu.

Edited at 09:52 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Have just booked flights for Sicily next year, so I thought I'd post on this thread. We're also thinking about Cefalu.
I’m a bit jealous , we keep looking , flights are great but can’t find anything cheap enough accommodation wise and certainly can’t afford the villa again
Cefalu is beautiful . Where are you staying ? The coastal train is fabulous and so cheap .
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 31 Dec 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I’m a bit jealous , we keep looking , flights are great but can’t find anything cheap enough accommodation wise and certainly can’t afford the villa again
Cefalu is beautiful . Where are you staying ? The coastal train is fabulous and so cheap .
Your villa looks fantastic.

Eldest DS and I have been doing a lot of research on Airbnb. There's a few in the town near the beach. Apparently parking can be a problem so we may not hire car or certainly not for the whole trip. May use public transport to get around. Is the coastal train something different from the usual train service? Hopefully we can make a decision in the next few days.

I've started to have a look at Sicilian food.

Edited at 10:30 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List