Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
darm
Getting Excited

Mobile Babies and preparing bottles

We shall be in DLP soon and have had switched to bottles from breast feeding for medical reasons.

How did people make the bottles up in the room and the park. Do the baby centres have kettles etc? We are staying in sequoia lodge do they have kettles?

If not is there anything I can take with me to make it easier?

Sorry new to bottles and want to cover all bases.

She will be 4 months old
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

When we went to DLP with my Daughter when she was a baby we took lots of the ready made cartons/bottles of formula as this took a lot of the stress away of having to prepare the bottles. We went by Eurostar so just took them with us in our cases but if you were flying you can order them in to the boots airside (if there is one) and then they're not included in your luggage weight.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

Mobile

So we've taken both our kids when they've been on bottles and this is what we've done if it helps.

We took the full size steriliser the first time and 2nd time onwards, I took Milton tablets..much easier. I also took microwaveable sterilising pouches to use in the parks.

I took a tub of formula, 5 bottles, bottle brush, small bottle of Fairy.

A kettle, a thermos flask (to fill with hot water for park bottles to make up powdered formula in the mornings), bottle warmer (Tommee tippee one that you also fill with hot water for warming bottles in the park when using ready made formula in the afternoon). Small cartons of our chosen formula too.

So I would make 2 hot bottles in the morning and I took a bottle bag which kept them warm. Then for the afternoon I would use a carton. I would decant it in to the bottle then warm it in the Tommee tippee warmer. It has 2 parts, one is the flask, the other is the lid but acts as the vessel to put the water in and the bottle for warming. I still have it now and my children are 9 and 4!

I also used the baby centres to sit and feed in peace. Take lots of muzzies too.

It'll be a doddle!
Old 5 Aug 19, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

This is the warmer we always used.

Just give yourself time to stop and feed properly and don't rush. It's good for you both to have that down time together.

Tommee Tippee Travel Food Warmer amazon/dp/B002L3TE..._BNisDbEBN1YBW

Edited at 08:56 PM.
ShuGray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
kk20
Imagineer

Mobile

Milton. Use travel kettle to warm the bottle (pop bottle in kettle). Use ready made carton formula (can be used cold in an emergency).

Quite doable.
kk20 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
darm
Getting Excited

Mobile

Thankyou. She has had the pre made formula and always had it cold so that’s ok.
Old 6 Aug 19, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Mobile

We used steribottles and cartons of formula for our youngest. No messing with sterilising bottles or making up feeds. Luckily, he was was happy to drink it at room temperature.
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
rking89
Getting Excited

We were staying at the Sequoia Lodge in a Golden Forest Room when we went with our then 9 month old. Had a fridge to keep the milks in, kettle in the room and a ice storage bucket which we used to heat up the water. We took pre mades with us to make it easier. In both parks there is a Baby Care Centre which is a nice environment to feed them in. We took with us a Tommee Tippee Travel Water Canister which also helped to warm bottles as it stays warm all day.
rking89 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 19, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa123wm View Post
We used steribottles and cartons of formula for our youngest. No messing with sterilising bottles or making up feeds. Luckily, he was was happy to drink it at room temperature.
We did this too, I’ve never fussed with temperatures and have been exceptionally lucky that DS would drink breastmilk, powdered formula, pre-made formula and at any temperature!
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We went in May with our 5 month old that had just switched to bottles. We took the following;

Milton cold water steriliser
Bottle brush
Bottle cleaning liquid
Travel kettle
Thermos flask
Milk powder pots
Baby bottles
Water bottles.

Seems a lot but didn’t bother us.

We used to boil the water in the kettle the night before then pour it into smaller single measures to cool overnight ( we use sterifeed reusable bottles - see amazon) and measured out the powder for the next day. Bottles were cleaned every evening then put into the steriliser. We drained them in the morning then took the cold water, powder and empty bottles with us. We also took hot water in the thermos and made our bottles up with 2oz hot water, then the rest from the bottles we had prepared.

Sounds a faff, but babies are so what’s the point in stressing?

Anyway, whatever you do and however you do it good luck.

There is a microwave in the bar/lobby of the hotel so you could use that if you needed one x
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List