Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

At HRH now Club level

Hi
We are here now and can't believe how manic the club level is and how poor the food offerings are compared to RPR.
It's like a free for all at 5 o'clock with the beer and wine, room is way to small for the amount of people they have booked in.
On saying that my daughter is gluten intolerant and they have been fantastic in providing her with gluten free food from the kitchen
I think it will be RPR club from now on, also we feel the hotel is feeling tired and could do with a freshen up

These are my thoughts obviously and I'm sure other would differ

Thanks
Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Are you allowed to take drinks back to room ?
Just wondering as we are there soon and thought a better option if as you say manic. For example would I be able to get a drink for myself and hubby if only one of us call in
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Halowa
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Well here’s my recent trip advisor report on RPR. Never going back (HRC from now on)

tripadvisor/ShowUs...a.html?m=19905
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We have had a similar experience at Portofino in their club lounge and wouldn't go back there. Sounds like all of them are just packing too many people in!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

That’s a shame. We had Club Level at HRH and found the only way to enjoy it was to get there first. We loved it doing that but it was extra effort. I wouldn’t complain about the food quality we had but that was 4 years ago. We also did very late breakfasts twice after hitting early entry at the parks. That also worked well. I agree it looked chaotic for later arrivals in the first wave. The worst thing I saw every day was a family who piled up plates of food (I do mean stacked them up) and then left the room with them. I swear they were feeding a small colony somewhere out of sight 😂

Edited at 12:32 AM.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
JellyEllieBean
Imagineer

We’ve just done RPR club level, we took wine and beer back to the room. Admittedly we didn’t get to breakfast TIL 9am and then we were having coffee in the lounge when dinner appeared at 4:30pm, but neither time was busy. I really enjoyed it, so it’s interesting to hear about others experiences of the other hotels
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:50 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

This is interesting as I’m checking into club level at HRH on Saturday!

It’s been getting more manic each year we have stayed there since 2015. I don’t like it when people pile their plates high as if there was no one else waiting for food but on another level I don’t blame them for trying to get their money’s worth.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 02:55 AM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

Yes you are allowed to take drinks to your room, the bar is in the corridor. At every sitting the room was very very busy, the staff work very hard and can't fault them at all, just very crowded

Mike

Edited at 02:57 AM.
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

What a shame it wasn’t a better experience, we have just spent 4 nights at Portofino and thought the lounge and staff there were great, and there was only one really busy evening
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:05 AM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

If you want 2 drinks you have to show 2 room cards but after that the lady behind the make shift bar is very good at remembering so you don't have to show your cards again

Mike