Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Aug 19, 03:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dynomikered
Excited about Disney

As I say, its swings and roundabouts, one person in this thread had a torrid time at RPR but we had a great time and I'm sure the people that are about to stay at HRH will have a great time, I just thought I'd throw my 2 bobs worth in as to how its is here at the moment

Mike
dynomikered is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dynomikered View Post
Hi
We are here now and can't believe how manic the club level is and how poor the food offerings are compared to RPR.
It's like a free for all at 5 o'clock with the beer and wine, room is way to small for the amount of people they have booked in.
On saying that my daughter is gluten intolerant and they have been fantastic in providing her with gluten free food from the kitchen
I think it will be RPR club from now on, also we feel the hotel is feeling tired and could do with a freshen up

These are my thoughts obviously and I'm sure other would differ

Thanks
Mike
We stayed club level at HRH about 7 years ago and said then ‘never again’. We’ve been at RPR for one night staying club blevel every year since.
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

We stayed at HRH and had club level for 4 nights last year and said exactly the same - we won't be doing it again. So busy and people just not being respectful of their surroundings. The staff worked as hard as they could but it appeared dirty at times with food on the floor etc. We got drinks and either sat in the alcove past the lifts where you look out over the pool or took them back to our room. I do agree too that the hotel is looking tired in parts and needs some TLC. We stayed in 2015 (not club level) and enjoyed it but think we'll be trying somewhere new next time.
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Fiona35
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by dynomikered View Post
Hi
We are here now and can't believe how manic the club level is and how poor the food offerings are compared to RPR.
It's like a free for all at 5 o'clock with the beer and wine, room is way to small for the amount of people they have booked in.
On saying that my daughter is gluten intolerant and they have been fantastic in providing her with gluten free food from the kitchen
I think it will be RPR club from now on, also we feel the hotel is feeling tired and could do with a freshen up

These are my thoughts obviously and I'm sure other would differ

Thanks
Mike
Slightly off topic but I’m a coeliac staying at RPR club level and wondered if your daughter had stayed there and if the gluten free offerings were okay there?
Thanks
Fiona35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Halowa View Post
Well here’s my recent trip advisor report on RPR. Never going back (HRC from now on)

tripadvisor/ShowUs...a.html?m=19905
Just read your review- we were there at the beginning of August’s experiences nothing like you said. We found the staff really friendly - maybe your review rectified the way they interacted with customers x
Old 24 Aug 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
windsorwives
I want to go now!

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
What a shame it wasn’t a better experience, we have just spent 4 nights at Portofino and thought the lounge and staff there were great, and there was only one really busy evening
We are club level at Portofino now and are very impressed. Much better than club level at the Beach club (last club experience about 2 years ago). Room and facilities also lovely.
windsorwives is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimsdadhalifax
Very Serious Dibber

We did Club at Portofino last August and we though it was excellent. The food option for breakfast were great and the evening options were good enough to have as an evening meal.

The staff were all helpful, it was never too busy (there is a spare room for when it gets too full) and we would definitely do it again
Jimsdadhalifax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jimsdadhalifax View Post
We did Club at Portofino last August and we though it was excellent. The food option for breakfast were great and the evening options were good enough to have as an evening meal.

The staff were all helpful, it was never too busy (there is a spare room for when it gets too full) and we would definitely do it again
We prefer PBH over RPR but we did think it was a lot busier and tables were packed. We are going to PBH club again next year and hopefully they will open this spare room?

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sophiepop View Post
We prefer PBH over RPR but we did think it was a lot busier and tables were packed. We are going to PBH club again next year and hopefully they will open this spare room?
The second room was in use when we were there last week
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Corky
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post
Are you allowed to take drinks back to room ?
Just wondering as we are there soon and thought a better option if as you say manic. For example would I be able to get a drink for myself and hubby if only one of us call in
We are at rpr club atm but both me and husband have to be in the club room together to get 2 drinks. Noticed this rule doesn't apply to all guests which irks a little but still enjoy staying club level and would definitely do it again.
Corky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List