Link to this Post
Toffee17
Proud to wear my Ears

Toffee17's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Onsite with a 3 year old?

Hi,

Was just wondering where best to stay onsite at Disney with our son who will be two going on three?
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

All of the resorts are great for kids. What budget are you thinking of?

There are value / moderate and deluxe resorts which have different levels of facilities.

All the hotels have a pool and a playground.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Toffee17
Proud to wear my Ears

Toffee17's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Most likely moderate. It will probably be for a week with not much time in the hotel, will most likely go to a park during the morning until early afternoon, spend time at the hotel and then go watch a firework display of an evening.

I understand everything might not go to plan especially travelling with an infant but if by chance he just wants to stay in the hotel for the day, id prefer if they had a good pool and stuff going on for kids his age.
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH the one group I would have missed out was the Moderates I feel that the theming is better at the other 2 categories. The Values are very in your face but for a 3 year old I would think ideal. Jump up 2 categories to the likes of AKL,WL or BC & then you get the wow factor plus great pools. Of the Mods maybe POFQ, we stayed at CBR, it's a huge resort & apart from the main pool & Port Royale, we could have been anywhere with little to no theming in our room.
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
If budget will allow then Animal Kingdom Lodge all the way.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mickie's Reviews
If moderate is your budget then CBR does have a great splash pool for the little ones as well as a good playground. It’s true about the tending although I’m not sure a three year old will be that bothered about theming. We stayed CBR when he was three and Pop when he was 4. He loved them both. They won’t understand most of the theming at Pop but who doesn’t want a giant tub of Playdoh outside their room. Pop also had a splash area. Nowhere near as good as CBR but kept him occupied. I’d probably agree though if the budget stretches look at AKL.
Mickie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post

I would go with whatever suits your routine best. Think about whether you care about being happy with the menu at the resort QS or if you’re ok eating before you head back to the hotel. Do you want to be close to the edge of property to be able to nip out to Target/Walmart or even so you can order food to the hotel? Would you rather be on the monorail, or are you happy to drive everywhere? Do you want a 5th sleeper room to use the small pull down bed, or are you ok with your little one on a queen/sofa bed?

We have stayed in all 3 categories with a 2/3 year old and I don’t think it matters much (unless you’re looking at a Cars suite!). My kids always find something to keep them amused wherever we go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List