Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile One night hotel on flight day

We’re going to Orlando next August - just two adults. We have already booked POFQ but have two days to do Universal before checking in there and are looking at hotels to book for our first night. We fly into MCO about 3pm and ideally want a cheap hotel for that night before checking into RPR early the next morning for express passes etc. Does anyone have any recommendations? We want to be quite near Universal to make the move to RPR quick and easy. We’re looking at Cabana Bay and Aventura but not sure what’s best to do. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

the two you mnetion are both universal hotels , but wont be the cheapest around. There are plenty of other just across the I4 or around major boulevard which would give quick access to universal to check in the next morning. For example the holiday inn just across from the parking garage is about have the price of cabana bay and if you want to do city walks that night you could walk in easily.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by shack69 View Post
the two you mnetion are both universal hotels , but wont be the cheapest around. There are plenty of other just across the I4 or around major boulevard which would give quick access to universal to check in the next morning. For example the holiday inn just across from the parking garage is about have the price of cabana bay and if you want to do city walks that night you could walk in easily.
Thanks. We’ll have a look at the Holiday Inn. Just thinking about any perks to staying at somewhere like Endless Summer. Do they offer luggage movement between Universal hotels or busses between the hotels I wonder? Lots to think about - so many hotels nearby to choose from!
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie2604
Dancing with Tink'

Mobile

We've stayed at Hyatt, Holiday Inn and Doubletree opposite Universal. Would recommend any of them although Hyatt has free breakfast and free parking which is a bonus.
Melanie2604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Melanie2604 View Post
We've stayed at Hyatt, Holiday Inn and Doubletree opposite Universal. Would recommend any of them although Hyatt has free breakfast and free parking which is a bonus.
Thank you. I’ll have a look at those too 😊
Old 25 Aug 19, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’d book an extra night at RPR. I never make a Disney park on arrival day but the three Universal deluxe hotels are so close to the parks, coupled with Express Passes you can get a really decent few hours in the parks. I am assuming possibly wrongly you’re arriving mid afternoon.
Old 26 Aug 19, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post

I would book RPR for the first night as well and save the faff in the morning. We usually arrive later than that and I would still go straight to my intended hotel, I definitely would if I were arriving at 3pm.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were going to book RPR for the first night too but I just can’t justify the extra money to stay there. We’ll be arriving around 3pm into MCO but I know from past trips we’re always tired out and just about manage food and bed on that first day. I know we just wouldn’t make it into the parks so the extra perks you pay for by staying at RPR we wouldn’t use. I know it’ll be a bit of a faff the next morning to switch hotels but jet lag will see us up and about early enough anyway and it’ll be worth it to save a couple of hundred pounds on the room 😊🤞🏻
Old 27 Aug 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

This is exactly what we’re doing next August. We have booked the Country Inn and Suites. I know we’ll be up at the crack of dawn the next morning so it’s literally just for sleeping in and we’ll make our way over to the RPR first thing to get our express passes and hit the parks.
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We’re wondering about doing the same, for the same reasons. I’m leaning towards booking Cabana Bay for one or two nights and going to Volcano Bay on our first day, then moving to RPR for a couple of nights to get the express passes.

I’d also be interested to know if it’s possible to get cases moved between Universal resorts - if we can, I think that would swing it for me.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List