Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Oct 10, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What are you wearing to the Airport - DAY 8 Orlando Baby!

Orlando Baby! DAY 8 – Saturday 11th September 2010

Melbourne to Orlando Villa

Weather 93 Degrees HOT

Awake just before 6am, I made sure that we both made lots of noise, singing in the shower, TV on loud, slammed a few doors, revenge for last nights noise.

We had breakfast on the balcony, once again watching the sunrise, Melbourne was relaxing and peaceful (except for last night) and I really enjoyed it, but now we are moving to Orlando and I’m VERY excited.

Oh we may have put a please service this room sign on next door as we left

We are on our way for 9am, Sat Nav tells us 90 minutes to Orlando, without any dramas or breaking speed limits we are there in 60 minutes. I have arranged with the owner that we can have an early check in, I had asked for 1.30pm, it’s only 10am and we are outside the villa at Calabay Park. I have a quick look but the lock box isn’t there. I call the management company who say no problem they will bring it over. We agree it will be there from noon, as we need to go shopping and we are both hungry again!

We drive along the 192 and stop at Houlihans, for brunch we have never eaten here before and I was pleasantly surprised. They have a large breakfast buffet very nicely laid out as opposed to some places I’ve been where it’s more like a ‘trough’. There is an omelette station too, the chap making them was kind enough to make mine without any oil or butter, I’d seen him make one for the guy in front of me and he’d poured in melted butter, and I felt a bit sick just seeing it, although I’m sure it was lovely it’s not for me.

We both had omelettes and they were delicious. Our server put 6 plates on our table, we were on a large table and I thought someone else must be joining us, I then realised they were for us! The omelettes were more than enough for our second breakfast or early lunch lol

We decided to head to Buena Vista Outlets for a quick look round, there aren’t many great stores there but the Tommy Hilfiger shop can have some bargains and Michael wants a new belt. I find a bikini $10 and a beach dress $10 and Michael gets his belt and a Jumper.

Happiness is a full shopping bag

We head for Publix and shop for a week in the villa basics, breakfast things, snacky stuff, I’m still amazed at how expensive good coffee is between $8 and $10 per bag, if we were buying this at home it would be £4, still it must be done! The bill came to $180

I feel like I’m starting with a bit of a cold, it’s that time of the month and I feel like I may be getting cystitis, I’ve bought cranberry juice to drink, I know that can help. However, nothing is going to spoil this holiday, onwards and upwards!

We arrive at the Villa around 1pm and WOW WOW WOW, it’s fantastic and huge! There are only two of us and it’s got 6 bedrooms! Overkill I know, but it came in at a good price.
We love the pool and the patio area complete with a TV outside and bose speakers and sound dock. There is a huge cinema room 70” TV with a large corner suite to flop on in the evenings.

This is probably the 20th villa we have stayed in, so many have laminated signs everywhere, don’t do this, don’t do that, this villa doesn’t instead it’s got a comprehensive manual and a management company that is always available. It feels like a home and not a rental. We are both impressed.

After unpacking and exploring the house we decide we must replace our sunglasses so off we go to the Oakley shop at the Prime Outlets I find mine in a sale $69 Michael’s are $150 we buy a few T-Shirts too at $10 each. Oakley makes some really light weight T-Shirts and I always buy some when I see them because they hand really well.

We decide to drive to Chillis near the villa, except it’s not near the villa it’s quite a way, but we were committed now! About 40 minutes later we arrive. We both order ½ rack of ribs and fries, I’m not really hungry and just pick at it, eventually I give up and get it to go.

Back at the villa, cossies on and into the pool for a splash around, we can hear a storm approaching and when it gets really close we get out of the water for a while. Michael makes cosmopolitans and we sip them whilst we bubble in the hot tub chatting away listening to the ipod and generally having a good giggle. There are no other occupied houses on either side of us so I don’t feel bad about having the ipod on till 10pm.

We have loads of pool toys that someone kindly left, a giant Shamu and Turtle, we each choose one and go into battle in the pool, I think I won, but I’m sure Michael will say he did!

My cold is now showing itself, we get out of pool and Michael eats the rest of the fries and I eat some crab we bought at Publix except it doesn’t taste like crab, and after the third mouthful I decide it’s awful and bin it.

By 10.30pm we are in bed, and what a lovely comfy bed its is!
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiya

Great report, revenge is sweet is it not?

What villa did you rent?

J
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Haha i bet they got a rude awakening that morning! The villa looks great, you will be able to relax now. Glad you managed to get another pair of sunglasses and pick up a few bargains. I hope your cold cleared up quickly.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
love the revenge

Villa looks amazing.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great day hope the cold doesnt show itself
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
The revenge I had to say felt pretty good, I didn't even feel a bit guilty afterwards
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
well done you, i would never have thought about putting a sign on the door

your villa looks amazing
Old 19 Oct 10, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great report and pictures. Love you put the sign on their door. We love Houlihans for our first day breakfast when we visit.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh we may have put a please service this room sign on next door as we left

Good for you, Villa looks fab
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 10, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
happy08
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report

WDW - April 2008 (AS MOVIES), October 2008 (Renaissance), July 2011 - 3 weeks (AKL, HRH), August 2013 - 3.5 weeks (OKW, LRP, Renaissance), August 2015 (CBR). October 2015 (HRH), Aug 2017 (YC, LRP), July 2019 (AKL + LRP), February 2020 (AS MUSIC)
happy08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List