Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Dec 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Shopping Summary please?!

I have read a lot of trip reports and heard about various shopping areas in Orlando e.g. Millennia, Vineland, Premium Outlets etc. I am confused about what is available at each one and as such i don't know which would be best for us... can anyone give me a little advice as to what is at each one?
My husband will be looking for running gear and outdoorsy clothes so that will be top of the list.
Also can anyone tell me which one has Cheesecake Factory I'm sure that is at a shopping place and this would heavily influence the decision haha!
TIA
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Mall at Millennia is an indoor shopping centre as we know them. It has some high end shops (Tiffany, Gucci etc), some regular shops and a couple of department stores. Most are selling regular price, current season merchandise. Cheesecake Factory is here.

Premium Outlets have 2 locations - Vineland and International Drive. They are outdoor malls and where the bargains can be found. These can be last season stock or in some cases made specifically for outlets and heavily discounted.

I would probably recommend combining Millennia with the I Drive outlets as they are quite near each other. Your DH will find all the sports brands (Nike, Adidas, Under Armour) as well as North Face and Columbia at the I Drive outlet.
skb 123 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
bootsie
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Perfect thank you so much!
bootsie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Dec 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
There is a list of whats where although i dont know how updated it is.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/external/l...b3Jlcy5waHA%3D

Running gear, you can pick that up just about any of the major shopping areas. From the malls (with sports shops including a running shop called finishing line etc) where they have specific shops and department stores that also stock running gear (sears, macys, dillards, jc penny) to the outlets where you have sports shops like foot locker and finishing line to specific brand shops such as Adidas, asics, nike, new balance etc

Cheese cake factory is at Mall at Millenia, personally ive found this Mall quite pricey in general.

Are you driving? Mall at Altamonte is a little ways out quite relaxed pace, not as busy as Millenia or Florida malls.

Outdoor'sy clothes like what?
Old 27 Dec 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Just for the record, while Macy's is a department store where merchandise starts at the "regular" price, regular merchandise, they always have sales where you can often buy things for less than in an outlet.

I got my DD a long Ralph Lauren down coat as Macy's for Christmas, Regular price $249. I paid under $100. (we have no sales tax). I believe the coats werre half off plus another discount.

If Macy's requires a coupon, the cashier will often have one you can use.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 18, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

There's also Disney Springs which is located in WDW - it's a huge shopping district with a large number of high street-type retailers (Uniqlo, Sephora, Kate Spade, Coach, Kiehl's, Pandora, etc), food outlets and restaurants, Disney specific shops (World of Disney, Amorette's Patisserie, Goofy's Kitchen, etc), some special stores like a Coca Cola shop with a beverage serving area, a movie theatre, a bowling alley, and a VOID virtual reality experience. And possibly more things I can't remember. I really love wandering around Disney Springs for the atmosphere and the shopping.

I also rather like Fit2Run for running gear - they're at Disney Springs (I think they used to have an outlet at Florida Mall but heard that has closed?). I'm a bit biased though as they were the shop that introduced me to my On Cloudsurfers (my favourite running shoe to date)...
Old 27 Dec 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jane2211
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Some great shopping tips x
Old 31 Dec 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Also checkout Burlington
burlington

And also the Premium Value Centre on I-Drive (where there's a Bed, Bath and Beyond on the corner). You'll find a really good TJ Maxx and Ross Dress for Less.

1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs

Edited at 12:33 PM.
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi these are good as long as you know your pricing, as the exchange rate isn't what we had in the past some things are as cheap here or in some cases cheaper. Go prepared.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Weirdo19
Excited about Disney

The Nike outlet on abineland today had some excellent deals on women’s running and workout clothes
Weirdo19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List