Easter 24 28.92%
Summer 59 71.08%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18 Feb 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Easter v. Summer

So i've decided to start tentatively planning although as you can tell from our countdown due to covid we're not intending on going until 2023, maybe 2022 depending on how quickly things get back to "normal".

We have always gone at Easter. We like the weather then BUT it is very busy.

Trying to decide whether to go in summer instead, most likely the last 2 weeks of August.

What are the pros and cons of each and when would you rather go.

We're limited to the school holidays as i'm a teacher.
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
RM2016
Imagineer

RM2016's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are also restricted to school holidays and have always been July/Aug apart from Wrestlemania in Easter Hols 2017. Preferred the weather in the Easter Holidays, great temperatures and no rain however I prefer the flexibility of the longer summer hols and more options for cheaper flights. In July/Aug chances are you will get a heavy shower late afternoon but if you go to the Parks early you get so much done before the heat kicks in. Parks are open longer too making it easy for night visits if rain stops play in the afternoon.
RM2016 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 21, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

We’ve been at all times of year, and Easter is the one time if I would avoid if I possibly could.

With the exception of New Year’s Eve, Easter has had the worst crowds I’ve ever seen, without the payoff that NYE has of the absolute best fireworks and Christmas stuff. Nothing special for me about the Easter celebrations, so the crowds don’t make it worth it for me.

We have had some wonderful summer trips, and whilst it is hot, we make the most of the longer park hours and revisit in the cooler evenings as there are many rides we prefer in the dark anyway (Everest, mine train and thunder mountain particularly) & Animal Kingdom is particularly beautiful at night 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
First time we went was Easter. It was very busy. The main difference for us is the daylight hours. The days are far longer in Summer.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

We went at Easter 2019 despite me saying in the past that I'd never go at that time of year again, and I was right, horrendously busy, it's just not for me.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Summer - hot, wet, reasonable crowd levels end Aug

Easter- hot and v busy
Old 24 Feb 21, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Fawkes
Helping Mickey

Thanks I think we're going to go for end of August and hope the quieter crowds are a pay off for the rain!
Fawkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Easter is definitely much nicer walking around the parks but not quite hot enough for me to get in any pool or water park water
Summer walking around the parks can be unbearable but the water parks are fantastic
Old 8 Apr 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Blimey, how hot do you need it? It's always been high 20's and some low 30's when we've been at Easter which is plenty hot enough for us pasty northerners. Best is if you get an 'unseasonably low' temperature of low 20's, again quite hot enough for us, but not for the locals and we had our best day ever in an almost deserted Adventure Island as the locals stayed away.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Thanks I think we're going to go for end of August and hope the quieter crowds are a pay off for the rain!
Don't worry about the rain, it's a refreshing treat.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List