Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 May 21, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Composite kitchen sink anyone ?

So looking for a new kitchen sink . Have been suggested a ‘ quartz composite ‘ sink .
Sites seem to describe them as
- quartz composite
- granite composite
- comite composite , or just plain
- composite

Are these four all basically the same but just slightly different material ?

Is one better then the other ?

How do they compare to a stainless steel sink ?

Anyone with any experience of one of these greatly appreciated - as you can tell I am struggling

- are they basically just nicer looking , a bit more durable but a bit more expensive than stainless steel but all pretty similar to each other ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I don’t know what these are, but I have a ceramic sink. It’s white and really lovely. It doesn’t show water marks like the stainless steel we have in our utility room, but does need a quick wipe down on the drainer.

My brother bought a resin sink and conversely thinks it’s rubbish. Plasticky and shows every mark
Old 30 May 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

Ceramic sink
Old 30 May 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We have a composite quartz kitchen sink in black. It looks amazing and is hard wearing but being black it does need buffing up to get rid of water marks. I don’t regret having it though.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

We’ve got a composite sink in black couldn’t tell you which one though but it’s hard wearing and always looks nice
Old 30 May 21, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
We’ve got a composite sink in black couldn’t tell you which one though but it’s hard wearing and always looks nice
Same 😆
Did find though that if you’re in a hard water area you need to clean just that bit more though.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

We have a composite quartz kitchen sink in dark gray. Looks good, hard wearing, doesn’t scratch and easy to look after. We love it.
Disney Bear is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I've had 2 stainless, 4 composite and 2 ceramic. The stainless were rubbish even though 1 was supposedly a "good" manufacturer. The first ceramic I loved by Franke, the 2nd is a Rangemaster and although it looks great, easy to clean, it doesn't feel as robust as the Franke one, however that maybe the difference in shape and just my perception. It hasn't done anything to make me feel that way.

That is all just info, you wanted to know about composites. 2 of the ones we had were all by Franke and it was their model called Fragranite, described as similar to quartz worktops, ground up stone mixed with resin. These were easy to keep clean even in hard water area. Only issue we had was when the worktops were changed the plumber snapped one of the corners off as he didn't lift it level needless to say he had to get us another one! The one we had in our last house was a cheap builders one, stained and hard to clean no idea what brand but not good. Finally this house had a Franke which was 9/10 years old that we repurposed into the utility. It doesn't seem as good as my last ones but fine in the utility.

So a long way of saying it probably pays to get the best brand you can similar to worktops! Hope that helps
Old 30 May 21, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

We have a dark grey ‘Blanco’ sink, and love it! No scratches or stains its still looking great after 7 years.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We have a black Franke composite sink and love it. We are in a hard water area but after cleaning I use a tiny bit of olive oil on a piece of kitchen roll to wipe it down and that stops it getting water marks. It's 7 years old now and good as new.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List