Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 21, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Unforgiven
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
There is no counter argument. They willingly and knowingly broke the law in order to protect their company at the expense of the ‘little people’…. Us.

They should be prosecuted.
BA would not refund me, kept fobbing me off, "it would be refunded in 30 days", "then another 30 days" then "another 30 days", at 109 days and counting I contacted my credit card company and they refunded me instead, shocking.

Unforgiven is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
BA would not refund me, kept fobbing me off, "it would be refunded in 30 days", "then another 30 days" then "another 30 days", at 109 days and counting I contacted my credit card company and they refunded me instead, shocking.
BA sorted me out in March of 2020. It was 9 days including the weekend, which I thought was great.

AA sorted me out in August of 2020. It was 4 days, which I thought was greater.

Never had any problem with my internal, San Luis Obispo- Tacoma in March with United either.

I am rather surprised to read your post.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Is it likely the prices are high atm as alot of resorts remain closed with no reopening date confirmed?

I would imagine its all dependant on availability.
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post
Is it likely the prices are high atm as alot of resorts remain closed with no reopening date confirmed?

I would imagine its all dependant on availability.
Resorts are open for US residents and other countries permitted entry

Prices offered are based on UK booking interest, once the green light is given the prices are going to go up (and already are - when we booked we paid £3200, the exact same holiday now is just a few pounds shy of £4800)
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bondy007 View Post
Have a look at middle 2 weeks of September. We’ve had a few good deals around then.
I'm getting some good results for next September too, "only" £400 more on base cost compared to our cancelled 2020 booking for the same time with Virgin Holidays. RPR, 2 weeks, 2 rooms, 3 Adults. So they haven't increased prices all that much on the admittedly already high costs from that previous booking, which was made under pressure after TC went belly up.

I can confidently state that given what Virgin pulled during and after the Thomas Cook debacle (which I narrowly avoided in 2020 after rebooking 12 hours before prices shot up), I'll be exploring all avenues before booking with them again, and will only do so out of necessity or should any savings be enough to warrant it. I would shed no tears if VH were given a damn good legal slap.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR

Edited at 11:48 AM.
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I can't comment on flights yet as we're going in September 2022. The only element I've found that's a lot more expensive than previous years is our Disney stay. That's really shot up, and harder to swallow without free dining, but our children are contributing this, time as they're desperate to go back. The universal part of our stay is very reasonable though. Larger, more stylish accommodation at a fraction of Disney's prices. I hoping that a week there might persuade our children to do Disney on a smaller scale in the future🤞

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
I can't comment on flights yet as we're going in September 2022. The only element I've found that's a lot more expensive than previous years is our Disney stay. That's really shot up, and harder to swallow without free dining, but our children are contributing this, time as they're desperate to go back. The universal part of our stay is very reasonable though. Larger, more stylish accommodation at a fraction of Disney's prices. I hoping that a week there might persuade our children to do Disney on a smaller scale in the future🤞
Seems like Disney is the main factor in a lot of these cases. Universal to me definitely doesn't seem to have risen as much, if at all (price rises for Universal stays could largely be explained in travel costs imo). And as you say the quality is there too.

We find that travelling from Universal hotels to Disney is definitely feasible, we use taxis as parents not an uber fan and willing to pay the little bit extra but either would work, or even a hire car. We never felt at a big disadvantage compared to an onsite stay. For us, it lets us stay in a Deluxe-level accommodation for the same price as a Disney moderate, even accounting for the taxi/uber costs, and avoid the waits for shuttles/buses.
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Disney have increased their prices for deluxe hotels significantly since 2018 possibly to make their timeshare (DVC) offering look attractive.

I’m surprised anybody pays £400+ of their own money to stay one night😀
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

We need an eye roll reaction added ..
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 21, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Glad we book on Jan 1st. Prices for 2022 have sky rocketed since then. Our holiday for 3 is costing the same as my sisters for 2 when they booked a couple of weeks ago.