Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Jul 21, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
this year we had grande villas for a week was £380 so easily done under 1k
I would be interested in seeing the quality of villa that only charges £380 a week (link would be handy please)?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I would be interested in seeing the quality of villa that only charges £380 a week (link would be handy please)?
I guess £380 is still $500 which can get you a reasonable place for a week.

Some of the I-Drive hotels are very cheap. Sometime it’s cheaper to buy a holiday with flights to one of these cheap hotels than a fly drive!
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
this year we had grande villas for a week was £380 so easily done under 1k
It doesn't say a villa it says "Grande villas" which is a resort complex, more apartment than villa. Grand villas resort
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

It’s Cypress Pointe Grande Villas and it’s in a fab location and nice accommodation.

We stayed for a week in 2008 and it was £36/night for a three bedroom apartment.
Old 12 Jul 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
flights include luggage ? wont you need to hire a car from tampa or bus costs.
Aah! I only answered as per the question.

1. I happily do hand baggage only. In 2019, I did 3 weeks, Boston, NY, Dayton, Cincinnati, Orlando, Naples with hand baggage.

2. Yes you would re the journey from/to Tampa.

I think that my earlier post re Easter is a more realistic option at £1200.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
It’s Cypress Pointe Grande Villas and it’s in a fab location and nice accommodation.

We stayed for a week in 2008 and it was £36/night for a three bedroom apartment.
A 3 bedroom apartment in August at that place is on offer at $206 dollars a night plus taxes and other charges, so no change out of £2,300 for a 2 week stay.

Edited at 02:14 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

3 bed, 2 bathroom, pool, whirl pool/jacuzzi villa, Tuscan Hills gated community, for £475 per week all year round. - no seasonal changes, so two weeks £950
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

This was a 1 bed condo

as per the OP a family of 4 could stay here.. kids in the bedroom and adults in the lounge on foldaway bed/settee

£54 a night this was August 2021 (which we had to cancel) but we have had similar over the last 4 visits
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’d expect the £1000 to include flight and cheap hotel with shuttle , outside of school holidays. I don’t think they are expecting food too but even then …….probably not even with a last minute charter late deal.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

We stayed there in 2014. Superb location, good facilities. Our apartment was a two bed and one bed with joining door.
Dinglebert is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List