Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Jul 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Kram
Trying for More Ears

DIY Villa bookings

What are people doing about booking villas? Most required you to cancel within a certain time period in order to receive a refund. Obviously right up until a few days before your flight you may not be able to travel if you test positive. Seems a bit of a risk leaving it to a day or two before travelling to book a villa. Are people just looking for travel insurance to cover this?
Kram is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

My villa owner was great and he had no problem letting me move my date from last year to next year, I would very kindly just ask them because at the end of the day they will be great full that you are rebooking with them.
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kram
Trying for More Ears

That’s what I’m hoping will happen but surely a villa owner wouldn’t agree to this if you tell him a few days before you arrive that you are unable to travel due to a positive covid test
Kram is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
So might some might not, best thing to do is ask the owner the question before you book, I know that if I can accommodate a move at short notice i try my best to do so.

As a back up I would also make sure your travel insurance would cover you for a cancelation in these circumstances.

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by steve@mac155.f View Post
So might some might not, best thing to do is ask the owner the question before you book, I know that if I can accommodate a move at short notice i try my best to do so.

As a back up I would also make sure your travel insurance would cover you for a cancelation in these circumstances.

Steve
This is why I'm lucky with you

Our insurance company (Staysure) said that as the pandemic was a thing when we took out the policy they would not cover villa rental. She also said that she didn't think any insurance companies were providing cover for villas

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 21, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I think there was a case on here where a guest took legal action against their insurance company concerning this and won
Also lots of Americans etc are now using Florida as a holiday destination and many villas are still booked
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Wils39
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Villa payment

We are due to go 14 Sept 2021(unlikely I know).
Had UK villa company on saying they are being pressured from the USA for the balance.
The owner says he can rent it within the US so wants our money now.
Had a very polite conversation with the UK agent but said I would not pay until we know the flights are going. She was fully onside with this.
Don't understand why that lot over the water cannot get that particularly when Uncle Joe will not let us in.
Not prepared to pay then have fight on to get it back when we cannot go.
Wils39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

Depends on what your contract is with regards to payment and your T's and C's are. If you have to pay your balance by x weeks prior to travel and you refuse to do so, I'm sure the owner would have the right to cancel your booking. Be careful.
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wils39
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Villa payment

Thanks for that little rap across the knuckles Elmhurst.
I understand about the contract but this situation is unprecedented and the people at the other end should realise this and take this into account like a lot are.
Yes I know they are trying to run a business but I'm trying to ensure I'm not in an unacceptable financial position by paying for something I cannot get.
I won't post anything on the Dibb again because some on here take delight in shooting others down.
Wils39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Wils39 View Post
Thanks for that little rap across the knuckles Elmhurst.
I understand about the contract but this situation is unprecedented and the people at the other end should realise this and take this into account like a lot are.
Yes I know they are trying to run a business but I'm trying to ensure I'm not in an unacceptable financial position by paying for something I cannot get.
I won't post anything on the Dibb again because some on here take delight in shooting others down.
I totally understand where you are coming from. If you get a good villa owner then they are worth their weight in gold. Ours has told us that we can move the booking, bu there is a but, our villa is so popular that there are no spaces until 2023. Thats the downside to a good villa.

At the moment we have money just sitting with many people all waiting to see if we can have our holiday. Its rubbish eh!

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List