Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Jul 21, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OK. Now you are on the road to getting things right.

There is a method to snagging and it takes time.

Firstly just sit quietly and look at the unit with the doors closed.
  • Does it look right?
  • Are the gaps between each door the same?
  • Is the height above the floor even all the way along?

That boxes that off so armed with a pad of paper starting from one end open each cupboard and look in. Then write down everything you find.
  • Do the back panels meet?
  • Do the side panels have gaps?
  • Does anything move that shouldn't?
  • Do any drawers in there work ok?
  • Is every screw in each hinge and rail supports etc?
  • Do the doors hold in position? They should. If not the unit is not Plumb or Level.
  • Run your hand over each and every panel, door, shelf, drawer. Is there any dents, chunks out or scratches?
  • Run you hand over the top and bottom of every door - that's where they get damaged in the van or factory.

That is what I would do.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
So I have managed to get onto a lady from Sharps who was lovely. I explained the situation and what has been happening over the past several days and I ended up bursting into tears. I don’t think my expectations are unrealistic and it has all been made worse by how awkward the interactions are with the joiner. She has asked me to call her back once he has left today and she will be sending one of the Bosses out to inspect the job. She apologised profusely and said that she was upset at the whole situation too. Who knew wardrobes could be so stressful
I hope you can get it all sorted.
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A quick update. I was in the garden with the furball and DS13, I was hanging out washing and they were just having lunch and relaxing. The joiner came down and asked if I wanted some off cuts and I said no, he disappeared back upstairs and all of a sudden I hear several massive bangs. I walked around the side of the house and he has thrown them out of the second floor window (previously he had passed a couple of long sections through the window to DH on the ground) without any forewarning. he came downstairs and I asked why he did that considering we were all outside and that it should have been supervised, he just said ‘the dog wasn’t there’ and walked off. someone could have been seriously injured and it would have killed the dog if it had landed on him.

He then came back, said the second room was finished, told me he was leaving and walked out. I am super cross but also relieved he has finally gone. 😬 I have now decided that I am not cut out for renovations and will get a general contractor in to deal with tradespeople.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mmm. Having spent years on, up and under scaffolding I have numerous raised scars on my head where I have been stitched up!

The days of lobbing stuff from height is long gone thankfully.

Photograph it all for Sharps attention. However at this stage don’t post any comments on their social media pages etc. Here is ok as nothing you have said is derogatory of them, just the fitter. Keep your powder dry, get the snagging done and await the visit from the Manager. Have an idea of the resolution you want which is a completed profession job.

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Mmm. Having spent years on, up and under scaffolding I have numerous raised scars on my head where I have been stitched up!

The days of lobbing stuff from height is long gone thankfully.

Photograph it all for Sharps attention. However at this stage don’t post any comments on their social media pages etc. Here is ok as nothing you have said is derogatory of them, just the fitter. Keep your powder dry, get the snagging done and await the visit from the Manager. Have an idea of the resolution you want which is a completed profession job.
Mr TM thank you for your advice. I don’t post on SM, I have only posted on the Dibb. He was just too lazy to walk it down the stairs, he did not care if anyone in my family was injured by his foolishness.

The Installation Manager is coming tomorrow morning, I am just going to let him look at it and take it from there. I am hopeful for a swift and satisfactory resolution. Thank you again for all your help, it really is greatly appreciated.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OK. Now you are on the road to getting things right.

There is a method to snagging and it takes time.

Firstly just sit quietly and look at the unit with the doors closed.
  • Does it look right?
  • Are the gaps between each door the same?
  • Is the height above the floor even all the way along?

That boxes that off so armed with a pad of paper starting from one end open each cupboard and look in. Then write down everything you find.
  • Do the back panels meet?
  • Do the side panels have gaps?
  • Does anything move that shouldn't?
  • Do any drawers in there work ok?
  • Is every screw in each hinge and rail supports etc?
  • Do the doors hold in position? They should. If not the unit is not Plumb or Level.
  • Run your hand over each and every panel, door, shelf, drawer. Is there any dents, chunks out or scratches?
  • Run you hand over the top and bottom of every door - that's where they get damaged in the van or factory.

That is what I would do.
So sorry, I completely missed this post, I’m going to print it out and go through it all tonight. I owe you a bottle of wine or 10 for all your excellent help!
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been watching this with interest as we are trying to decide about wardrobes at the moment. Sharps came and quoted over £4000 for a run of wardrobes to cover a run of 295cm. That was without backs. We could have IKEA Pax for £1475 instead but I want something more substantial. Not sure what to do but having seen what happened to you I don't think we will be going with Sharps.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
I've been watching this with interest as we are trying to decide about wardrobes at the moment. Sharps came and quoted over £4000 for a run of wardrobes to cover a run of 295cm. That was without backs. We could have IKEA Pax for £1475 instead but I want something more substantial. Not sure what to do but having seen what happened to you I don't think we will be going with Sharps.
Have a look at Nolte robes. Really well built as one would expect from a German Company.

Old 26 Jul 21, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by TigerMom View Post
Honestly, I picked Sharps as I liked the Hamptons wardrobes. The salesman was good, however they were definitely not the cheapest option. You are also at the mercy of the joiner that is assigned to you. I am reserving my judgement until after the Installation Manager is coming tomorrow. Hopefully we will get a successful resolution. Good luck with your wardrobes!
Old 26 Jul 21, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’ve had Sharps wardrobes in 2 houses and they were in no way shape or form fittted like that
The very long run in one house they told us there would be a join in the cornice so we altered the plan by the middle section being just that bit shallower it housed shoes and shelf’s and a set of drawers
Like you I’d have been livid with the fitter
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List