Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jul 21, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
zoemoo
Apprentice Imagineer

zoemoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 13
I admire your positivity but Biden has already said that they won’t be even looking at it in the short term… whilst we are SOoooo looking forward to a WDW trip we think 2021 is out, sadly
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

I don't see Biden reciprocating immediately (he didn't for EU or Canada so no reason he would for us) but I'm still holding out hope that the US will announce something when the Canada border actually reopens next month. Hoping for something along the lines of "Canada from X date, then international from Y date IF all goes well" (basically what Canada did). Sure it wouldn't be a guarantee but it would at least be something.

Basically the last hope I'm clinging to for getting the trip we have planned (if not then fingers crossed for the back up "via Canada" plan but still not had costs on that and travel agent advising that a lot of tour operators don't want to touch it due to current advice and guidelines).
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I’m still in the positivity camp. I can feel it in my bones that some good news will be announced next month!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
*non-positivity alert!*

Well folks, we caved and moved to next year. I'm so sorry, we really tried to stay positive, but with 5 and a bit weeks to go my husband has just been diagnosed with a serious (but controllable) condition, and his treatment is due to start 2 days after we would have been arriving in the USA. Had things been "normal" with no infectious pandemic around, we would have tried to get an earlier medical appointment, but he has to avoid infections of any kind for the next couple of months, and needs to see the consultant face to face to discuss treatment options.

So I rang Disney Holidays UK today and got us moved to the end of September 2022, also moving resorts to go to Pop Century instead of Art of Animation, as the standard rooms at AoA were not participating in the 50th Anniversary celebrations, i.e. no free $200 gift card or dining dollars, but Pop standard rooms are. Plus we are really keen on staying at a Skyliner resort again, (we did Caribbean Beach in 2018 and loved using the Skyliner).

I shall cross my fingers for all of you that are still keeping the faith for this year, and will gracefully wave bye-bye to this particular thread. Thank you all for keeping my spirits up this year and good luck!
I think you’ve made the right decision. I hope your husbands treatment goes well xx

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
twogoto
VIP Dibber

Back in the positivity camp here! I feel like anything could happen. Though I am totally not prepared for this trip haha - I’d usually be making a start on packing now 🤣
Sept 21 TwoGoTo Aiya Napa - Amarande Hotel
Nov 21 TwoGoTo New York - The James New York Nomad
Mar 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Cabana Bay
Sept 22 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
Nov 22 TwoGoTo Rome - 9Hotel Cesari
July 23 TwoGoTo Kos - Mitsis Summer Palace
Sept 23 TwoGoTo Orlando - Sapphire Falls
twogoto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Now that is packing early in the best of times twogoto!

My take, and opinion only, is that if the UK opens up the US travel corridor in the coming week, then the US has to have a process in place to allow those coming back from the UK to enter the country safely.

So this would mean - either they have to quarantine for a period of time, pass various tests or to be allowed back in because they are double vaccinated.

In the next two weeks I fully expect Florida to have started their recovery. It's terrible this week. Only one way to go.

I firmly believe by the 2nd week in August (I was hoping for the 1st week), the UK will be so very strong that there will be no risk to the USA of tourists entering.

So yes. Again. I'm keeping the faith.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
staceyb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post

My take, and opinion only, is that if the UK opens up the US travel corridor in the coming week, then the US has to have a process in place to allow those coming back from the UK to enter the country safely.

So this would mean - either they have to quarantine for a period of time, pass various tests or to be allowed back in because they are double vaccinated.

In the next two weeks I fully expect Florida to have started their recovery. It's terrible this week. Only one way to go.

I firmly believe by the 2nd week in August (I was hoping for the 1st week), the UK will be so very strong that there will be no risk to the USA of tourists entering.

Love this, it's proper made me feel more positive 🤞by late September we will be on our way to our favorite place ❤
staceyb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyChris
Proud to wear my Ears

The US already has a process in place for nationals returning home, those systems are already in place. Unfortunately has no bearing on opening for international travel as US has shown they won't open up reciprocally.

I'm still hopefully that they will open up (there's a lot of pressure there now) but just cautious not to read too much into things.

Edited at 02:23 PM.
DisneyChris is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

Yup - "hopeful" is what we have to cling onto DC!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

I'm keeping the faith with you! I will not be beaten down, not yet!
Wolf1984 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List