Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jul 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

The Marble Arch mound !

Is this the best that London can manage with a £2m budget ( for something they are going to knock down in 6 months ) ?

google/amp/s/s...846.html%3famp

If it wasn’t such a waste of money , it would be laughable.

I mean , just even the basic idea of it is fundamentally flawed . Let’s build a hill ? The Uk is full of hills isn’t it ?
A view of London from up above ? Are there not lots of places where you can get up high in London ?

Oh apparently you can see Hyde Park ? Well you can see a load of trees ? Which is exactly what the mound was supposed to have on it ?
Why not just GO to Hyde Park ?

Insane
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

I walked past it last Thursday and read the blurb on the hoardings. It sounded really good from the description, but looked as though they were nowhere near ready for opening.

Edited at 08:53 PM.
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

2m in the middle a pandemic when businesses are folding & many are out of jobs, families on the breadline, and they spend all that money on that! Go to London frequently, won’t be spending time seeing that!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I walked past it last Thursday and read the blurb on the hoardings. It sounded really good from the description, but looked as though they were nowhere near ready for opening.
I don’t mean to be rude - as I can’t quite get my head around the concept let alone the ‘draft’ end product ‘ - but what was it that sounded really good ?
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Looking at the pictures it seems to totally dwarf the Marble Arch instead of enhance it, which seems a real shame.

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Drove past it today; it looks awful; an absolutely huge eyesore.

I believe those who’ve already paid and gone up were offered refunds!

Who are these people willing to pay up to £8 to climb 130 steps up a fake hill in the middle of a traffic roundabout with the added bonus of being able to visit the shop inside on the way down and buy M & S food & drink? 😳😳😳

Edited at 11:39 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
Who are these people willing to pay up to £8 to climb stairs up a fake hill in the middle of a traffic roundabout? 😳
My thoughts too. In what way did it not meet their expectations?!

Reminds me of Fawlty Towers. “Well may I ask what you expected to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically…”
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Not sure why you need to be rude to London ie “Is this the best London can manage”?

It isnt London that “managed” this project is it ? It happen to be in London yeah but please dont generalise - I am a Londoner and could manage much better - I agree it’s hideous but hey London has “managed” a heck of a lot better - like th Olympics, London Eye, numerous palaces, numerous best parks in te UK etc etc - on and Clapham where I currently live which is pretty darn fine thank you xx
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 21, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Not sure why you need to be rude to London ie “Is this the best London can manage”?

It isnt London that “managed” this project is it ? It happen to be in London yeah but please dont generalise - I am a Londoner and could manage much better - I agree it’s hideous but hey London has “managed” a heck of a lot better - like th Olympics, London Eye, numerous palaces, numerous best parks in te UK etc etc - on and Clapham where I currently live which is pretty darn fine thank you xx
Yes, London is a great city with great sights & great neighbourhoods but as a born & bred Londoner, I’m embarrassed by this monstrosity put up in my city and ‘London’ deserves the question “Really? This is the best you can manage with £2 million?”
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 06:34 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I heard someone describe it as ‘scaffolding, covered in dying B&Q turf while surrounded by wheely bins’. Personally I think £2 million could have been far better spent. They lost me as soon as I read ‘130 steps’ though.🥵😂
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List