Old 29 Jul 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Angcap View Post
This is like some sort of torture reading this…….but I’m just loving it. Keep it coming xxx
I worried about that before I started the trippie as Ididn't want to sound like I'm gloating or running people's noses in my holiday fun. I know that's not what you're saying, but I really don't want to make anyone feel miserable. It's a fine line between vicariously living through others and feelings you're missing out. I'm glad you fell down on the side of loving it ❤

X

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh my, those cocktails and good look amazing!
I’m so pleased they have Paddleboarding, my two will be sorted! Do they have kayaks? I’m better with my butt sat down 😂
Yep I really think you're sorted. They have kayaks and pedalos. They also have pastries for Hope at breakfast! They have a swim up bar in one of the pools. I've not tried that yet, I'll add that to the itinerary for today, 😅

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Final Cocktail Tally = 6, a strong start but a disappointg finish, she was flagging as she tried to cross the finish line 😉

So only one more to show you from yesterday. Green parrot, vodka, rum, blue curaçao. I wouldn't have it again as I'm not a fan of blue drinks after having 1 too many 20-20 in my youth and ending being sick (blue sick). But I took one for the team last night and ploughed on through. It wasn't a bad drink, just not for me.

And that was it for the cocktails as... wait for it... I didn't fancy another one after dinner 🤔 I know it's unheard of but they serve wine or beer with dinner and I had a glass of wine wine that was enough.

It does mean that today will start with one of my favourites - a hurricane. I hope it's good.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Dinner

We decided to try out the Italian restaurant last night.

And, well, Jamaican versions of Italian...not sure I'd bother going back. The kids both thought it was great. Dave and Dad OK, me and Mum thought it was pretty ropey.

Starters are either a cold salad buffet or hot foods. Again, I took one for the team and tried both!

These were nice enough, but looked like they had been sitting out on the buffet for far too long.

Main course was a la carte. All the boys had steak, Max without the cheese sauce. They all enjoyed it.

Kate and Mum had lasagne. It looked dry to me, Kate loved it, Mum ate it all...

I had chicken and porcini. I didn't finish it, but I did have 2 starters so I didn't go hungry.

Max took a look at the desserts buffet and sat back down empty-handed 😞 so we left. Him and mum went next door to the big buffet restaurant where we'd eaten the previous night and also where we'd had breakfast. They had their fill of dessert 🍨😋 so they were happy.

The rest of us went to the stage entertainment area. It was steel drummers tonight, they were 👏 absolutely brilliant.

They were very acrobatic and we knew all the songs. None of us fancied a drink through so no more cocktails. There was more entertainment but we left after that it was around 10.30pm and we were pretty tired.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Beach day cocktail tailly = 4, well actually it's 5 😉

We moved onto a Daiquiri (strawberry) it was lovely. But photo fail here from me..

So being the kind, selfless dibber that I am, of course I got another one.

So, that's 2 for 1.

Next up, Dirty Banana. This was a real hit. Tastes like a banana milkshake with rum. Made with real bananas, rum and coffee liqueur.

I'm going to want to have more of this one I really enjoyed it.
Loving the look of the cocktails and the banana one sounds amazing
I’m glad you’re having such a good time and I don’t feel that you’re rubbing anyone’s nose in it I’m just happy to see others starting to live their lives again.
We’ve decided not to go away this year and that’s our choice but we’re booked to go to Orlando twice next year.
After reading this I’m thinking of Jamaica for 2023.

Edited at 02:45 PM.
Taffy1959 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

This all looks amazing! Very envious right now. Lol

Have a wonderful time. It all looks so nice. I love a breakfast buffet, they are the best!

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

A la carte options at AI resorts can be very hit or miss, we’ve had some fantastic ones and some really bad ones. Fantastic Italian meal at an AI in Crete, but then we had a terrible Asian meal in Tenerife once, both 5* hotels.

The bonus is that you don’t go hungry as there’s always somewhere serving food at an AI hotel 😂

Has Max explored the cheese options? I’ve not seen one of his famous cheese platters yet 😂

Edited at 05:20 PM.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

OP thank you so much for posting this trippie. It’s so flippin lovely to read a real, live trip report again - oh and of course cocktail touring, well done 👍!
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessie2012
Very Serious Dibber

It all sounds amazing,look forward to reading the snippets each day.If Spain go Amber plus next week,we’ll be looking at changing to this hotel with Tui.Just read now though that you can’t leave the resort,unless to an approved tourist attraction,we don’t leave the resort that much when we go to the Caribbean anyway,but is there enough to do at the hotel?
Jessie2012 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I don’t think it feels like you are rubbing anyone’s nose in it, I for one am so happy to be reading a trippie, it’s great to feel normal. I love reading any trip report, but this just feels like such a treat, so thank you.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 21, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I worried about that before I started the trippie as Ididn't want to sound like I'm gloating or running people's noses in my holiday fun. I know that's not what you're saying, but I really don't want to make anyone feel miserable. It's a fine line between vicariously living through others and feelings you're missing out. I'm glad you fell down on the side of loving it ❤

X

Yep I really think you're sorted. They have kayaks and pedalos. They also have pastries for Hope at breakfast! They have a swim up bar in one of the pools. I've not tried that yet, I'll add that to the itinerary for today, 😅
Excellent! Haha, yes the breakfast dodging teenager 😂, glad to know she’d be catered for!
Yes you need to try all the bars, purely for research purposes of course 😉

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List