Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 5 Aug 21, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by asmidir View Post
Many thanks for the feedback - we may be booking for a last minute a few days.

So how was the process at the UK departure Airport (which one btw?) and how long did you have to wait for results at Paphos Airport?

Did they say you could wait for the results at your hotel rather than at the airport?

If you're at the hotel - what was that like? Did they march you up to the room?
We flew from Bristol. I really wouldn’t recommend last minute as it meant we couldn’t access any of the cheap testing routes. You need at least 7 days to do that. However, I will say that I did get the results very quickly through the £120 test. This was just a nasal swab and took 2 hours so actually less stressful in the end.

There was nothing difficult in Bristol apart from Tui check in being really slow. They looked at the papers (our vaccinations, the kids negative fit to fly and the flight passes for each of us and we were on the plane.

When we landed in Paphos it was very efficient. We queued for 2 minutes to be filtered into section for children to need tests. It took 2 minutes to pay for these and 10 seconds and 19euros each for them to stick just a nasal swab up their nose. No one explained anything about the process. We then rejoined normal queue for passport control which took 5 minutes to get through. Again they looked at all the papers I’d already said about. There was no expectation to wait for results or anything said.

We got our transfer to the hotel and they didn’t ask to look at any of the paperwork which was strange. We waited for a few hours in the room and nothing came through and we hadn’t been told anything directly. Certainly no one checking up on anything. I’ve had a text message at 23.45 to say both tests were Negative. A lot longer than the 3 hours promised. The PCR tests we’d had done at home did give some peace of mind as literally DS was tested twice in a 24 hour period. Obviously there’s still some nagging doubts about accuracy but that’s more my anxiety playing tricks.
Our flight, transfer and hotel were very quiet. Busiest part was Tui check in!
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Hi - thanks for that - sounds very reassuring

Did you guys do room service tonight then?
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Does anybody know how to get a Covid recovery certificate for a 15yr old who cannot have the app?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 21, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
We flew from Bristol. I really wouldn’t recommend last minute as it meant we couldn’t access any of the cheap testing routes. You need at least 7 days to do that. However, I will say that I did get the results very quickly through the £120 test. This was just a nasal swab and took 2 hours so actually less stressful in the end.

There was nothing difficult in Bristol apart from Tui check in being really slow. They looked at the papers (our vaccinations, the kids negative fit to fly and the flight passes for each of us and we were on the plane.

When we landed in Paphos it was very efficient. We queued for 2 minutes to be filtered into section for children to need tests. It took 2 minutes to pay for these and 10 seconds and 19euros each for them to stick just a nasal swab up their nose. No one explained anything about the process. We then rejoined normal queue for passport control which took 5 minutes to get through. Again they looked at all the papers I’d already said about. There was no expectation to wait for results or anything said.

We got our transfer to the hotel and they didn’t ask to look at any of the paperwork which was strange. We waited for a few hours in the room and nothing came through and we hadn’t been told anything directly. Certainly no one checking up on anything. I’ve had a text message at 23.45 to say both tests were Negative. A lot longer than the 3 hours promised. The PCR tests we’d had done at home did give some peace of mind as literally DS was tested twice in a 24 hour period. Obviously there’s still some nagging doubts about accuracy but that’s more my anxiety playing tricks.
Our flight, transfer and hotel were very quiet. Busiest part was Tui check in!
Thank you so much for this, very helpful - our heads hurt with all the bumf we’ve read on what we need to do before we go..& we initially thought DS15 would need to isolate on our return to the UK as he’s obviously unvaccinated but then realised we were reading the adult bit for being unvaccinated !

Got to say, the guidance is all super confusing but your post has reassured us it’s very doable ! Thank youuu 😂
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
itz_baseline
Excited about Disney

Well we took the plunge and booked for Cyprus. Arrived 2 days ago. No testing required for us so nice and easy to get here. So great just to be oit by a pool and chilling with the family. If anyone is in any doubt, just do it. Get away!
itz_baseline is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List