Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 5 Aug 21, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
stanleycamel
VIP Dibber

stanleycamel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Give The Kids The World - Night of a Million Lights is back in 2021

Here;s a bit of positive lovely news - Give the Kids the World is bringing back its Night of a Million Lights.

The nighttime event, which was held during the resort’s closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic, will run Nov. 12 through Jan. 2, 2022, officials announced Thursday.

During the event, Give Kids the World Village will transform into a winter wonderland of lights and holiday decorations. Night of a Million Lights will feature a 360-degree dancing lights show, a sparkling tree trail, larger-than-life holiday displays, photo ops at one-of-a kind step-in frames and backdrops, a holiday marketplace with visits from Santa and a guided tram tour.

Let us hope that some Dibb members get to visit.
stanleycamel is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 21, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
I've booked as we usually try to volunteer at GKTW - absolutely amazing place! So hoping we can get there and see this at Christmas...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
stink08
Very Serious Dibber

I really want to see this but spending over £100 for tickets when I’m not even sure we will be going is a pain, but will be gutted if we miss it
Old 7 Aug 21, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Love GKTW. I expect it will be great atmosphere. We always visit and sometimes volunteer, such an amazing place. X i hope they do well. X
Old 7 Aug 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Tempted to buy tickets for this. If we don't make it for any reason then I'll see it as a worthy charity donation.
Old 7 Aug 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridajill
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
I've booked as we usually try to volunteer at GKTW - absolutely amazing place! So hoping we can get there and see this at Christmas...
We’ve been back every trip and once the kids are older we would love to volunteer too! Unfortunately we’re not there to see a million lights but will hopefully be back next July to visit the village!
International Drive 2001, GKTW 2014, Lindfields 2015, Lindfields 2017, St Augustine and Davenport 2018, Disney Beach Club and Villa 2020 - CANCELLED, Fort Myers Beach, Royal Pacific Resort and Indian Creek 2022
Floridajill is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Floridajill View Post
We’ve been back every trip and once the kids are older we would love to volunteer too! Unfortunately we’re not there to see a million lights but will hopefully be back next July to visit the village!
Always lovely to visit to see DD star and have ice cream for breakfast. We usually take disny/character costumes that i pick up in between visits to donate for their makeovers at the village. Probably because of Covid will have to change this. X the work they do is amazing. DD had her wish trip in 2012, we had hoped to visit next year as it wouldve been 10th anniversary , but will need to wait for another year.
Old 8 Aug 21, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

We were lucky to get the chance to do this last year. It really was incredible. It must have been a big success as it was meant to be a one off during the Covid closure.
Old 8 Aug 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
We were lucky to get the chance to do this last year. It really was incredible. It must have been a big success as it was meant to be a one off during the Covid closure.
If you are lucky enough to go again, please report back on here about it. Would love to see pics etc. X
Old 8 Aug 21, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
If you are lucky enough to go again, please report back on here about it. Would love to see pics etc. X
I would suggest having a look on YouTube. I except there are some really good videos. I am usually pushing a wheelchair so don't take many photos.