Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jan 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Virgin holidays - yey or nay?

Hi everyone
I've been looking at the virgin holiday packages for 2019. I appreciate they can be slightly more expensive than booking separately but it has the bonus of been able to book now and with a small deposits, balance due 12 weeks before meaning we can save and have a plan. I also felt confident that they are a reputable company.
I've just Googled and found they have horrendous reviews!? All quite recent ones as well. I am aware that people only tend to review when their experience is one end of the spectrum - really good or really bad but it has dented my confidence in booking. Now I'm thinking of biding my time and booking separately.
I would be grateful for any dibbers reviews or experiences!
Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mozzman
Trainee Dibber

i pulled out of booking too

I looked into booking with virgin too but they give you a random villa when you arrive you cant pick it yourself,plus its pot luck if you get a good one or a not so good one,there are some nice villas on here just as cheap and most will be nicer,its just my take
mozzman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Do you want a Villa?

We have booked with them, holiday package with hotel and never had any problems. Free breakfast and they pay the resort fee.
We really couldn't have done it for less at the same hotel DIY wise.
We haven't had any problems with the Company, have probably put a hex on things now but would certainly continue to book with them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I've booked a flydrive with virgin holidays, normally I laugh at the prices but got a decent one for October half term, customer service wise they've been great, there was some confusion with regards to the v room but it was sorted out for us & very well also spoke to them with regards to flying club & they were very good, so far I've nothing negative to say about them, it's all good
it would depend on the price though for me, I certainly wouldn't overpay, I'd wait, the package price at the time we booked was too much but flydrive decent so went with that & booked hotels separate

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Plato
Serious Dibber

Would never book with anyone when I can't see my actual accommodation and read reviews in advance.

Have used them for hotel packages and fly drives and they have been fine, but would never take an allocated on arrival villa. I need to know.

Edited at 09:11 PM.
Plato is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I can’t Fault VH, I have used them for my past five holidays, the shop I go to, have been excellent and the airline have been great with my son who has many medical needs. They price matched and I got the V room free. You will get good and bad reviews, for all Holiday Company’s.
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I think that on balance, they are certainly no better and probably no worse than anybody else. As you say, incidents of bad service and 'issues' are more likely to be highlighted than good. Virgin Hols are a major player and carry a fair proportion of all travellers. It therefore follows that they may have more dissatisfied customers by virtue of scale.

I have had packages with TCD and Virgin Holidays (2 of my first 3 Orlando trips). I have no complaints, but nothing overly positive the other way. The travel rep that I met in Orlando was quite frankly disgraceful in her blatant attempts to gain commission. More recent diy visits have merely highlighted the utter, total and inaccurate pap that she spouted.

My only issue with Virgin, Virgin Hols, Virgin Atlantic or anything else related to the 'V' word is that whilst claiming to be a premium operator over their rivals, I have never seen, or heard anything to back that claim. If I was to be forced into a 'preferred' operator, then it would be TUI with Sanford, newer and vastly superior Dreamliners, 34 inch seat pitch, size of operation and a lack of sickly schmaltz.

That is only my own viewpoint and some others would disagree. I always feel happier and safer when planning and executing my own vacations on a DIY basis. I have control and can get exactly what I want. Multicentre are these days and for us, now essential. I have seen parts of Florida in my 8 recent visits that I may never have otherwise seen.

In summary.. nothing wrong with them.. but I never felt 'special' or 'priveledged ' to have travelled with them. I certainly would never rate them premium. I would only use them if they offered the best 'deal' on price..

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 09:19 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We booked a multicentre (NY and Disney), with Virgin. They price matched other companies (we took several a3 spreadsheet printouts into VH store !), and they were incredibly helpful. We had no issues, but first time with 3 kids transatlantic we needed lots of advice. The AOArrival villa was an upgrade and beautiful. We will be looking for our next holiday with VH, until we feel confident to do DIY.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We booked a fly drive with VH and first 3 nights at universal and then booked with Disney directly for rest of stay and tickets. Got a good deal and so far, good customer service. Booked packages with them previously and all has been fine. No-one ever writes positive reviews!
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer!
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

I’ve booked with VH twice I think, never had any problems, v room staff were friendly, anyone we spoke to were helpful.
Guess it’s hit or miss
DisneyDreamer! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List