Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Jan 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Buses from rosen Inn pointe

Hi all
After MUCH deliberation I think I've finally settled on Rosen Inn pointe as our sleeps of choice (any reviews on the hotel greatly appreciated as well)
On our last trip we stayed on the 192 ramada gateway and relied solely on free hotel shuttles to Disney with taxis back. We found this absolutely fine no bother at all and not expensive (one taxi back from AK was $6 ex tip!) Luckily we had a friend who could drive us to universal so we didn't have to get taxis as it would have been expensive.
So I have done much research and the impression I get is that the same shuttle/taxi and the odd lynx bus should be fine and cost effective if less convenient than driving. Bearing in mind its just the 2 of us and no shopping or other excursions intended.
The hotel advise they have free shuttles to universal and they do organise shuttles to Disney at extra cost. If anyone has any experience of these shuttles I'd be really grateful for your thoughts.
I appreciate most people prefer to car hire but if anyone has any advice on my plan please let me know!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Th Rosen at Pointe will have free shuttles to universal, usually you book them the day before from the ticket desk in reception if its the same as the other Rosens (ive stayed at the one nearest universal lots, and im booked into pointe for our next trip in 50+ days)

you can arrange a shuttle to Disney from there but there is a fee (i dont know the fee can ask when i go)

Ive just read this...
Orlando International Premium Outlet’s Shopper Shuttle
Scheduled shuttle service is also available between the hotel and Orlando International Premium Outlet Mall, which is located on the north end of International Drive. Catch the shopper shuttle to the world-famous outlet.
This 50-passenger shuttle bus with Wi-Fi runs 7 days a week.*
Reserve shuttle seats online with Maingate Taxi, by calling (407) 390-000, or with hotel concierge.
Shuttle pick up time from the hotel is 11:38 a.m. ET. Drop off at the outlet is at Tommy Hilfiger.
Shuttle return times (pick up in front of Tommy Hilfiger) are 5:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. ET.
Guests are invited to visit Tommy Hilfiger after your shuttle ride for special savings.
Visit Premium Outlet Shopper Shuttle for more information.
* Shopper Shuttle service is provided courtesy of Orlando International Premium Outlets-located on the north end of International Drive. Reservations are on a space available basis. Continuation of service is subject to change. Times are subject to change. For more information please visit or call Simon Guest Services at 407-352-0311.
Orlando’s public transportation system, Lynx, offers cost-effective transportation service with stops on International Drive near the hotel, to Orlando’s most popular theme parks, and other major areas, like: International Drive to Downtown Disney West Side Transfer Center, Downtown Orlando to Magic Kingdom, Downtown Disney to Orlando International Airport, I-Drive to Downtown Orlando, and I-Drive to Orlando International Airport. Lynx also operates the Lymmo service in Downtown Orlando – a free bus that takes commuters throughout the downtown district. It has its own lane and controls the lane’s traffic lights to ensure the bus will not be slowed by traffic. View Lymmo’s route and stops.

Another budget-friendly and fun way to check out parks, sites, and shops along International Drive is to ride the I-Ride Trolley. The trolley provides service to popular I-Drive destinations like the Orlando Premium Outlets, amusement parks, and other attractions. I-Ride Trolley rates are relatively inexpensive. Multi-ride passes offer the most savings. View the I-Ride Trolley route and stops to plan your trip.
Old 13 Jan 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Rosen inn at pointe is my favourite hotel, love it there, staying there again in October
They have free shuttles to universal, seaworld & aquatica, they charge for Disney, although we've never used this one, think it's currently $20 per person return, the free shuttles we've used a lot, no problems at all, book the night before, they give you a ticket for the following day, will be using again in October

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi, We have booked this hotel for Oct this year. It's great to read good things about it. Thanks for this post OP as we were wondering the same thing. We aren't getting a car on hire. We are only planning on doing Disney. Are the Lynx buses ok to get to Disney?
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

We stayed at rosen Inn @ pointe in 2016, fantastic hotel and in a great location. If you click under my name I wrote a review of our stay it should take you to that hotels review pages on the dibb. When we stayed we didn't do the Disney parks that trip so only used the shuttle bus for universal which was very good and always on time. You have to book a seat on the bus in advance which we usually did the night before. We had I ride trolley passes to get to the other parks and to shops etc, bus stop outside the hotel. We went to Disney springs a couple of times and got bus up to vine land international drive as we did it on rest days when we did shopping and then a taxi from there to Disney springs which didn't cost much. We used the hotels drivers one day think they are called town and country but could be wrong to go to florida mall they took us and picked us up too think it was $20 each way.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I think Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando is a great location for Universal ,sea world, Aquatica, but not great for Disney if you haven't got a car. I suppose Uber is handy enough and that would be my first choice over Lynx buses, albeit more expensive, it's quite time consuming too from that hotel using Lynx buses. I know I've done it lol.
Old 15 Jan 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

We only stay one nighters at this hotel but it's clean and organised and in a great location on idrive.

Great Universal shuttle - just sign up the night before.

For Disney if you can, do uber or lyft. That way you won't be spending so much of your precious holiday time hanging about for buses.

The hotel's Disney shuttles are expensive.

Edited at 08:32 PM. Reason: typo
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

the rosen inn @ pointe orlando is a great hotel been there 3 times and the 4th is on the 28-02-18
great location great service
rooms are cleaned everyday fresh towels etc
rooms have 2 double beds that are nice and comfy
microwave,tv,fridge,safe,clockradio,mr coffee maker
bathroom has bath with shower toilet and the sink is out side but there are sliding doors for privacy
we normally stay in tower block f which is the furthest away from the lobby also it overlooks IDrive and not I4
we stay high up too nice and quite there
i wouldn't go for a ground floor room lots of noise form guests and possibly bugs too
again i wouldn't go for a room near the pool or the lobby noise etc
restaurant is ok for breakfast but nothing fancy
there is a bar there too can get noisy

as for transportation i would recommend a car makes life easy
i have never used there shuttle service so cant comment on that

you could catch a IRide trolley to just outside seaworld and then get the lynx 50 bus to the TTC at disney (will take over an hr to get there)
seaworld just get the IRide to the park

universal you could get the IRide to where wet N wild was then walk over to it (20 min walk) or just get a taxi or the shuttle

hope thats some help
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 18, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie18 View Post
Hi, We have booked this hotel for Oct this year. It's great to read good things about it. Thanks for this post OP as we were wondering the same thing. We aren't getting a car on hire. We are only planning on doing Disney. Are the Lynx buses ok to get to Disney?
stayed here in 2012, our first visit and its spot on, clean friendly safe, loads of eateries on all budgets nearby, location is excellent

we did have a car first trip tho as driving to all the parks from here is easy.

2025 "Free Dining" Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pritch
Apprentice Imagineer

pritch's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Great location lots to do nearby and the trolley trams really handy cheap if you get a week pass.
When i stayed there i booked 3 nights at value disney hotel which is a lot cheaper than a hire car, plus free bands, extra park hours, disney transport to get about etc. I did this for my 2nd -4th nights as first night fatigue would be a waste to head straight to disney.
if you get a disney bus to "downtown disney" cheapest way back by cab as th
Liki Tiki Resort Kissimee 09, Homewood Suites 10 Disneyland Anaheim 11. Coco Key I drive 12. AKL Arusha view 16. Ramada Maingate Kissimee 16, Disney All Star Music 16 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando 14/16/18/19/22 Serlago suites kissimmee 16 /22 Continental plaza i drive 16 Wakuhula Suites cocoa beach 16. International Palms cocoa beach 14/18/22, Hilton Cocoa Beach 08. Disney Dolphin 18
pritch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List