Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Mar 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bunts
Getting Excited

:) September 21... positivity only please

Due to go mid September this year and I’ve rebooked 3 times now and last week became quite positive that we might actually be going this time. I even started looking into booking up airport parking and a hotel the night before we fly at Heathrow.

But alas the government are now saying foreign holidays this year are looking more unlikely I know America isn’t Europe but I’ve got an awful feeling this wave 3 hitting Europe is going to derail our roadmap out of this.

I know no-one has a crystal ball and can’t tell what’s going to happen but I’m just wondering if there’s anyone else out there that can give a bit of positivity please.

Just a little update I managed to speak to virgin and they have kindly delayed our balance payment till 1st August.
Since Mr Biden and his wife have been staying for the last couple of nights about 5 miles from my house in Caribs Bay I’m hoping he’ll be nice enough to let me visit his country now 😉

Edited at 03:27 PM.
bunts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Can't give any positivity per se but I am feeling relatively optimistic. We are due to go on the 8th Sept. I would say our odds at the moment are probably 50/50 but I think we will just need to wait for a couple.of months to see how things pan out, frankly it could go either way. It's the not knowing which is difficult.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Not Orlando but Greece for us in October 😊 I’m with you on the positivity had enough negativity to last a lifetime.

All we can do is hope no one knows but with the vaccines 😊😊
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
MellyElly
Excited about Disney

I know how you feel!

I’m booked to go 4th september for 2.5 weeks and i was so positive a couple weeks ago i even added a night at cabana bay and my busch gardens reservations to my booking but recent news is making me feel a bit less positive and ya gal needs her halloween florida fix 😭😭

Hoping to hear some good news in april 🤞🏻🤞🏻
MellyElly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

Plenty of time to go before September and vaccinations are well underway here and in the US. The situation in Europe may have no bearing on a possible travel corridor between here and the US. Honestly, I can't see the British public being locked down again, people have had enough and once vaccinated will be happy to take their chances.

I'm still planning for November, just making sure I have flexible bookings. Chin up!
Old 23 Mar 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

We are due to fly our on September 18th and very positive it will happen 😊😊... Keepin the Dream Alive ...
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
Plenty of time to go before September and vaccinations are well underway here and in the US. The situation in Europe may have no bearing on a possible travel corridor between here and the US. Honestly, I can't see the British public being locked down again, people have had enough and once vaccinated will be happy to take their chances.

I'm still planning for November, just making sure I have flexible bookings. Chin up!
Certain sectors of the public may be fed up and willing to take their chances but how are they going to get to the US if there are no flights?
Old 23 Mar 21, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tomsk
Excited about Disney

Flying September 1st here, 80% confident its going to be fine by then, the UK and US vaccination programs are flying at the moment, Europe is going to be stuffed for Holidays and will have harsher restrictions in my opinion until later in the year, but who knows still 5.5 months away.

If i can't fly im going to swim it anyway
Disneyland Paris &Carribean Beach 2015
Tomsk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Mar 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

We have just added an extra night on with Virgin Holidays for an extra £27

Also flying 4th September.

Our full balance is due at the beginning of June so we will pay it on a credit card so if it comes down to it, we will be protected and can claim our money back as I know Virgin haven't been the most forthcoming with refunds, however I understand they have improved.
Old 23 Mar 21, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’re due to go 20th September , I spent yesterday doing my itinerary !
I spent the last year shielding , my mental health has gone through the floor , I need something to look forward to , seeing Mickey , walking down Main Street , and eating a dole whip is keeping me going , mad maybe , but fingers crossed that on 1st October I will be in mk for the start of the 50th celebrations .

Off to find my boat ...

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List