Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 3 May 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Good offsite restaurants

Hello all! You guys have all been amazing so far helping me! Ive planned which places we would like to eat in Disney but now want to plan other restaurants so I have a few questions please!

1. If I wanted to eat at denny's, ihop, cheesecake factory, hash house a go go do I need to book?

2. Are there any recommendations for nice restaurants (but one not so posh we cant take our small children in).

3. Are there any recommendations for anywhere else food wise off site for breakfast/lunch/dinner? Any near windsor palms?

We will have a car and staying in a villa in windsor palms.

Thanking you!
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dannigizmo
Serious Dibber

Hey doubt u would book dennys i hope not sure about cheesecake factory would check their website as may be diff since covid times!

I would defo try Miller Ale House, Chillis and Longhorn 3 of our favs and always been great with kids. Get wee colour in packs etc with menus.

Mouth watering at the thought... man I hope i get there soon lol!
dannigizmo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

I can't think of anywhere that you need to book in advance.
Longhorn and Texas Roadhouse can have a wait, perhaps 15/20 minutes.
Logan's Roadhouse is our favourite steakhouse with very good quality and value.
Perkins is more like Denny's and is also good for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
All these are within 10 min drive from Windsor Palms.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 21, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

I would book Cheesecake Factory if you can, you can often turn up there for a table and they give you a 2 hour wait or something silly! The others, you shouldn’t need to book.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SteveyJ
Imagineer

Bahama Breeze is the best off site meal we've had.
SteveyJ is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 21, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great place for breakfast is Cracker Barrel
We use the one on the 192 every trip at least 4 times
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

There is a huge choice of restaurants near Windsor Palms. They are mainly along 192. The closest parts with a cluster of restaurants are described as Rolling Oaks and Sunset Walk. These are actually next to each other. There must be 50 restaurants within 10 minutes. There is no need to book the vast majority. Unless you are a huge party, the ones that take reservations can mostly be booked on the day. It is nothing like making ADR's at Disney.

The nearest Cheesecake Factory is about 20 minutes away just off I4 and near the Vineland Premium Outlets.

The only restaurants I can think off that aren't child friendly are a few in the very expensive hotels.
Old 5 May 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
delboybloomer
Getting Excited

Manny's Chop house for us every time. Great food and Atmosphere. The kids (and big kids) can draw on the table cloth's!
November 2013 - Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge
Aug 2008 & Dec 2009 - Best Western lakeside,
delboybloomer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SteveyJ View Post
Bahama Breeze is the best off site meal we've had.
Another vote for Bahama Breeze! Amazing food and a brilliant atmosphere (we went to the one on I-Drive). Very family friendly too!
Lisa_Lollipop is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 21, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by All-smiles View Post
Hello all! You guys have all been amazing so far helping me! Ive planned which places we would like to eat in Disney but now want to plan other restaurants so I have a few questions please!

1. If I wanted to eat at denny's, ihop, cheesecake factory, hash house a go go do I need to book?

We have always just showed up. The longest wait we have is at Cheesecake Factory however we don't mind waiting as it is worth it, we also do little shopping if we have time.

2. Are there any recommendations for nice restaurants (but one not so posh we cant take our small children in).

Like other have. mentioned we enjoy Longhorns Steakhouse, Chillis, Millers, Bahama Breeeze, Olive Garden, Mannys (the original one at Haines) The little ones in the family enjoy a trip to Macaroni grill as they get to crayon on the tablecloth. They also enjoy a trip to Kobe and always devour the food. I am sure there are more I have missed.

3. Are there any recommendations for anywhere else food wise off site for breakfast/lunch/dinner? Any near windsor palms?

We don't tend to eat breakfast out much as cereal and toast whilst getting ready usually does us but we do like a visit to Cracker Barrel, Ihop or Kekes Breakfast Cafe.

We will have a car and staying in a villa in windsor palms.

Thanking you!

I replied in bold. Have a great time when you go. I should be there with my grandchildren just now
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List