Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Roosters in residential area

Anybody know anything regarding this?

We live on a built up residential estate and a man has roosters. They crow from 5am really loud and wake us all up!

I’ve sent a noise complaint form to our local council.

The man is very aggressive and I voiced my concerns on our residents closed fb group. He has called me all sorts on this group. My council estate behaviour, critiqued where I’ve grown up (the next town obviously been on my fb profile to find this out) called me bonnie Prince Charlie (not a clue what this means 🤷🏻just gone on and on.

I think he’s a bit of a keyboard warrior he spouted all this and I’ve been out all day. I read the comments and knocked on his door on my way home. He opened the window, refused to speak to me and told me to go away which seems really odd for someone who has an awful lot to say online but nothing to say to my face!

So anyway any advice regarding roosters in a residential estate would be really helpful.

Thanks 😊

Edited at 10:36 PM.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Our neighbours had chickens and eventually hatched a cockerel. Apparently you lower the roof on the coop because they can't crow if they can't stretch their necks. Once he stopped waking us up we quite liked him.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Yes I’ve read that but this man is really unreasonable and wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s just a real nuisance noise every morning! I’m not bothered if he has chickens but the cock making the noise is annoying! But he’s just a really nasty man who apparently hates women so I’ve been told 🙈
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I think you are brave to confront him both on Facebook and in person. Well done. At least, in your dealings with the council you can actually say that you have tried to discuss the issue but he has ignored your complaints and insulted you as a person (take screenshots). Can you try and get all your neighbours to raise a complaint with the council?
Old 10 May 21, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Unless he is breeding for chicks he has no need to keep cockerels, especially in a residential area. He sounds like a right idiot! I just had a quick look online and it seems the rules around keeping them are quite strict because of the noise nuisance they can cause. I would document everything and speak to your other neighbours too as I am sure it will add more weight to your complaint if there are many complaints going to the council. I often hear the ones at the farm near me and they are loud despite being some distance away. It must be horrible knowing you are going to be woken every morning at the crack of dawn.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 05:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
He’s put a post online now in fact I’ll copy and paste here...

I was asleep and you kindly woke me up . Even after telling you to go away you continued to consistently ring the bell and kick my door . If you EVER come to my door again I will be contacting the Police

I knocked on his door at 8pm and rang his doorbell. I never kicked it at all 🙈 I had open toe boots on it would of hurt 😂!

It’s been crowing since 3.50am 🥴

I think he’s maybe had something like this before with previous neighbours as he seems to know the procedures well telling us it will take 2-3 years for it to get to court and he loves a good day in court, then he’ll transfer ownership of the birds to someone else and then take them back then the whole process will have to start again!

I’m not sure how it works at all but there are some neighbours who want to make a mass complaint.

He used to put them in the garage overnight after another neighbour complained and they had been an agreement but now he’s seen his ≈≈≈≈≈ with this neighbour for 1 reason or another and he’s kept the roosters outside it seems as a way of punishment to this neighbour.

Just seeing if anyone has any personal or legal experience on the matter.

Thanks 😊

Edited at 05:55 AM.
Old 10 May 21, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

I would be taking copies of all he has posted and submitting them with your complaint. I would also be reporting him to FB for the previous personal comments he made about you. It looks to me that he enjoys the attention it draws on there. If he is making nasty personal comments about where you come from I would get his account shut down.
Some people are just plain weird and get a kick out if being at war with the world, he sounds like one of them. It’s not fair that your peace should all be disrupted just because he decides it should.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

My neighbour had roosters, I loved listening to them and actually miss the sound as the fox got them.

I suggest contacting the council and asking them to investigate quietly, if people have complained before and he got around it they would be aware.
A noise level recording would be needed to fine him. Though he sounds like someone who would ignore that
Old 10 May 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Neighbours once had a peacock years ago, a rooster would have been a welcome replacement
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Yes I’ve read that but this man is really unreasonable and wouldn’t do anything like that. It’s just a real nuisance noise every morning! I’m not bothered if he has chickens but the cock making the noise is annoying! But he’s just a really nasty man who apparently hates women so I’ve been told 🙈
If the nasty guy has a noisy cock I would let it go.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List