Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 7 Jul 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
jpy10
Excited about Disney

New Washing Machine

So, over the weekend the washer broke, engineer said it was the programming that had gone and by the time I had spend money with Hoover and the fact it's 7 years old, it's probably best to buy a new one,

so talk to me about washing machines ?

TIA
Old 7 Jul 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
chris123armit
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had a Bosch that lasted years then several hotpoints (that didn’t cut the mustard) had an Samsung Ecco bubble for 5yrs & that was great but disappointed it broke at Easter so we have got another Bosch & I love it so far….think with washing machines you pay for what you get !
We got ours from AO as J.Lewis couldn’t deliver quick enough
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jpy10
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by chris123armit View Post
I had a Bosch that lasted years then several hotpoints (that didn’t cut the mustard) had an Samsung Ecco bubble for 5yrs & that was great but disappointed it broke at Easter so we have got another Bosch & I love it so far….think with washing machines you pay for what you get !
We got ours from AO as J.Lewis couldn’t deliver quick enough
Thanks Chris, the engineer said Bosch are the best at the moment
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

i got this samsung for £430 a few months ago using a code on AO. its really nice. the autodose drawer is GREAT. just fill it with washing liquid/softener and itll add the correct amount for the wash you do.

the online features are mostly rubbish (i was hoping to set a remote timer to start overnight when electricity is cheap) but it pops up a notification when its finished, which is quite useful... plus, the 9kg drum will let us wash our superking duvet, which saves us a tenner taking it to the launderette!

ao/product/ww90t534dan-s...r-76958-1.aspx
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I have a Miele that cost a fortune but is still going strong 12 years later - it’s probably going to break down now I have said that.

I do think you get what you pay for and I would rather spend more money on one of the more expensive brands (Bosch/Miele etc) than than say Hotpoint. My previous machine was Hotpoint and lasted 5 years.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I have a Samsung Eco Bubble which is good and have had for the last few years, it was very expensive due to the size of it and tbh has a lot of programmes I have never used
My mum has a Beko from Marks Electricals which was less than £200 and she loves it, but I guess it all depends on the use and how dirty the laundry gets !

My theory is the more fancy bits on it the more to go wrong
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Libby
Imagineer

We bought our Bosch last summer when getting white goods was very difficult.

Not the most sophisticated machine but it can do a wash in 15 minutes which I find very useful at times.

Otherwise I use the speed button which brings the normal wash down to just over an hour.

Our last machine (can't remember the brand) was meant to be eco friendly but it took 3 hours for a normal wash - not very family friendly!
Libby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
My theory is the more fancy bits on it the more to go wrong
Spot on. How many people need a WiFi controlled washing machine or a smart fridge? Just gimmicks at the end of the day.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

If within your budget, I would look at Melia other wish look at the Bosch Range.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 21, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
On the cheaper end I’ve been over the moon with our Beko. 8kg drum, loads of settings, nice and quiet and looks brand new 3 years later.