Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Jul 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

How much do you save?

Looking for next year as I have been pressurised into coughing up for one more family holiday but my kids are snobs and won't entertain staying off site so just wondered how much you actually save by not booking directly with Disney. Its a couple of years since we last went and I cant remember which TA we booked with or even if we made any savings. Also as we haven't decided on flights or dates so who are the easiest to move things about with (subject to availability) at the moment its looking at 5-7 nights universal and 10-12 nights Riverside but its going to depend on what flights we end up with as they arnt out yet.
Any help will be appreciated as I have to book the disney aspect by this weekend cos if i dont get the celebration goodies my life wont be worth living!
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerLily8
VIP Dibber

I found Attraction Tickets to be the cheapest provider for our dates, so booked with them. I also changed the dates of the booking (and added some extra days on) which was straightforward (if a little slow as it had to be done via email), but they didn't charge me for changing. Very happy with the service and price. AT also offer a $250 giftcard, whereas I think most other travel agents only off $100/200.

Edited at 03:55 PM.
TigerLily8 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rding

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
I found Attraction Tickets to be the cheapest provider for our dates, so booked with them. I also changed the dates of the booking (and added some extra days on) which was straightforward (if a little slow as it had to be done via email), but they didn't charge me for changing. Very happy with the service and price. AT also offer a $250 giftcard, whereas I think most other travel agents only off $100/200.
Thanks I will have a look at them
and after some email searching have found that we last booked with a company called Charter travel so will give them a call as well. Can I ask did you have to leave a big deposit?
Rding is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

I'd be getting the kids paying for themselves then.
Do they not how lucky they are to be going at all?
We are grateful for any holiday let alone one to Florida.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Brythonic 14
A Guest at All-Stars

Originally Posted by TigerLily8 View Post
I've only just seen this after booking direct with Disney. Might have to reconsider with cheaper room rates and more money on a gift card
Brythonic 14 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

I woukd look at recent reviews on how these companies have treated customers over pandemic. I would book with Disney direct if that really is a must, if you book for 1 person you only need a £50 deposit and can add others in later. I would look to fly with BA.
Old 12 Jul 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

I book direct with Disney via Topcashback when they have an offer on.
Old 13 Jul 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I forgot to add about TCB, also look put for other discounts too!
Old 13 Jul 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rding

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
I forgot to add about TCB, also look put for other discounts too!
Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Thanks for this Its something I always forget about and just logged into Quidco to find I had have £250 earned that i diddnt even realise I had . Looking at both at the moment its 3-3.5% on hotels and 2% on tickets.
Looked at Attraction tickets but unless they give you a better deal for ringing them a hotel and ticket package for when we are thinking of going works out more expensive than booking direct and thats without the TCB/Quidco discount.
Old 13 Jul 21, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rding View Post
Thanks for this Its something I always forget about and just logged into Quidco to find I had have £250 earned that i diddnt even realise I had . Looking at both at the moment its 3-3.5% on hotels and 2% on tickets.
Looked at Attraction tickets but unless they give you a better deal for ringing them a hotel and ticket package for when we are thinking of going works out more expensive than booking direct and thats without the TCB/Quidco discount.
Does anyone in your party belong or qualify for a blue light card? (Nhs worker police emergency services etc)if so wdtc are offering 5% off the package price.
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List