Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Jul 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Virgin Wattsapp Rant

I have been waiting 2 days to speak with them about a cancelled flight.

They start a chat at 3.56am this morning and then closed it at 4.56am because I didnt reply! Mind boggling that the chat person thinks I should have replied in the middle of the night.

Back to the drawing board I go.
Old 25 Jul 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes it’s extremely annoying. Better to just phone.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

I had the same thing a few weeks ago tried twice both times got a reply in the middle of the night then they closed the chat. Ridiculous.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Had this last year when all this started. Got fed up in the end and just went via chargeback.
Thought they had improved. Just waiting for them to cancel our September flight to experience this again. They weren't too bad moving the flight from Glasgow to Manchester though.
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My last 5 cancelled flights with them I just fill in their dedicated form on the link they provide and get reimbursed within a few days. Works very well.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Thanks, I am not looking to change anything at the moment just want some clarification to a few questions.

Ours wasnt a straight forward booking and has 3 booking refereces but I dont have ticket numbers as flights have just been totally removed from my booking.

I just wanted to chat things through, will try ringing next week.
Old 25 Jul 21, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
I have been waiting 2 days to speak with them about a cancelled flight.

They start a chat at 3.56am this morning and then closed it at 4.56am because I didnt reply! Mind boggling that the chat person thinks I should have replied in the middle of the night.

Back to the drawing board I go.
I had the same on Disney chat, I started a chat and gave up as no reply, when I logged back on hours later I saw someone had replied after 2 hours and said - I’m closing chat as you didn’t respond
I replied saying - im not just waiting on her for hours in the hope someone replies
Old 25 Jul 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Would it be correct in guessing that the person/s manning the chat are in another timezone and need a gentle reminder not everyone stays up all night!

I often get prompts for an email response from people in the middle of the night in my line of work , it's not good coming from a large international company though.
snowbelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Same thing happened to me! 3 days waiting for a response and then they responded at 3am!

I've now tried flying club, it's been 3 days and nothing! I can't deal with it myself online as I have select vouchers from a bumped UC flight i need to change and the voucher has expired so can't cancel or modify for fear of loosing it! 😕. If anyone knows how to speak to someone or get a response, I'd love to know! The usual whatsapp/text cut you off because it's not in the next 10 days!
Old 26 Jul 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

They were doing pretty well at replying up to a few weeks ago, now the only way I’ve found is to ring. It’s took me over an hour each time over the past few days - the second two calls both due to the fact they got part of the original booking wrong. They did apologise and sort it today and luckily I just had it on in the background on speaker, but still quite annoying. Just hope I get to use these flights now 😂
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List