Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 26 Jul 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile Paying Disney Balance

Hey everyone,

My balance is due on the 2nd August 2021 for my 24th September 2021 trip.
Obviously with everything up in the air - it's impossible to tell if that's going to happen.

But I would hate to cancel it and then things open up.
Has anyone paid their balance before and then moved their holiday to a different date?
My thinking is that I can pay the balance and then if the worst does happen and I can't go; I can amend this to May 2022 (when I was planning on going again anyways).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

If you've booked with WDTC direct they are very accomodating. I was supposed to be going 17 August with balance due 21 June, they agreed to move balance payment back to 35 days before arrival.
I paid balance 35 days prior to 17th Aug, just in case, then this weekend admitted defeat and cancelled for full refund with no issue.
They would have allowed me to move dates with no issue.

I have rebooked for next year and I'm sure they'd have happily tranferred my payment to that booking, but I have decided to wait and see what the next offer is in case it works out cheaper than the free dining credits offer.

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Firekat View Post
If you've booked with WDTC direct they are very accomodating. I was supposed to be going 17 August with balance due 21 June, they agreed to move balance payment back to 35 days before arrival.
I paid balance 35 days prior to 17th Aug, just in case, then this weekend admitted defeat and cancelled for full refund with no issue.

I have rebooked for next year and I'm sure they'd have happily tranferred my payment to that booking, but I have decided to wait and see what the next offer is in case it works out cheaper than the free dining credits offer.
Did you get the deposit back too? I'm in a similar position to the OP, balance is due to WDTC on 1st Aug and I don't want to cancel until I know the flight is cancelled! We've already booked for May 2022 as we wanted to book while the offer was running (I think the free $200 gift card ends soon) so assuming we can't go in September we will have to cancel this booking rather than move the dates.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by Firekat View Post

Wow, that's great to hear that they're so accomodating. I'm sorry to hear that you admitted defeat! I completely understand that feeling right now.

I had a booking last year and cancelled prior to paying the balance so did wonder how they'd be with refunding/changing when the full balance had been paid.

Thank you so much for your reply!
JMisery is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RockTheDots View Post
Did you get the deposit back too? I'm in a similar position to the OP, balance is due to WDTC on 1st Aug and I don't want to cancel until I know the flight is cancelled! We've already booked for May 2022 as we wanted to book while the offer was running (I think the free $200 gift card ends soon) so assuming we can't go in September we will have to cancel this booking rather than move the dates.
Yes they said they'd refund full amount including deposit
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
JMisery
Getting Excited

Mobile

So I've just called Disney and they confirmed that all September 2021 bookings have automatically been changed to 35 days before (balance to be paid).
I questioned why I didn't get a new invoice with this or why the MyBooking page still gives the old date but he said due to the amount of bookings, this hasn't been changed over, however we will receive an email a few days before it's due confirming the new date.

He also confirmed that you can pay the full balance and either cancel/change the booking at any time up until 7 days before arrival for a full refund.

Hope this helps anyone else that was concerned
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
RockTheDots
slightly serious Dibber

RockTheDots's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JMisery View Post
So I've just called Disney and they confirmed that all September 2021 bookings have automatically been changed to 35 days before (balance to be paid).
I questioned why I didn't get a new invoice with this or why the MyBooking page still gives the old date but he said due to the amount of bookings, this hasn't been changed over, however we will receive an email a few days before it's due confirming the new date.

He also confirmed that you can pay the full balance and either cancel/change the booking at any time up until 7 days before arrival for a full refund.

Hope this helps anyone else that was concerned
Thanks, that's really useful info.
Disneyland: 2022 (Trip report: LA & Aulani), 2023
DCL: Magic x2, Dream, Wish (booked for 2024!), Fantasy and Wonder (booked for 2025!)
RockTheDots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Our reservation for the 1st September due date was not changed to the 35 days.

Rang Disney twice to request delaying payment. Initially rang a week before due date and told it was only up to 31st August and the same again when I rang on the due date.

Once our flight is cancelled I'll just ring and request a refund. As I have a split stay I'll just cancel both.

Will not move to next year as the current dining offer does not appeal to me.