Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 30 Jul 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Booking two rooms, what names?

I’m going to book for next year to get the current offer, but we may want 2 rooms so going to book for just 1 person as we don’t really know dates or who will be going so only risking 2 x £50.

Can I book both rooms in my name?

ETA. I’m going to do them as 2 separate bookings so we get 2 x gift cards.

Edited at 04:39 PM.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

If the dates overlap, you'll need different lead guest names in order to add them to MDE.

If they don't overlap, doesn't matter at all.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
If the dates overlap, you'll need different lead guest names in order to add them to MDE.

If they don't overlap, doesn't matter at all.
Thank you.

They will be for the same date.

So I can do one in my husbands one in mine even though the other room will be for someone else?

ETA I don’t suppose it matters who stays in what room, we’re all part of the same family.
macadoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

That will be fine. Once you know who's going for sure, if you still need two rooms, you should be able to contact WDTC to transfer the second booking to the rest of your group - they may charge an amendment fee for this, not sure if it's covered in the current no amendment fees policy. Or leave him as the lead on the second room if you're comfortable to do so.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 21, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
macadoo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loldis View Post
That will be fine. Once you know who's going for sure, if you still need two rooms, you should be able to contact WDTC to transfer the second booking to the rest of your group - they may charge an amendment fee for this, not sure if it's covered in the current no amendment fees policy. Or leave him as the lead on the second room if you're comfortable to do so.
I suppose the only issue if I leave my husband as the lead name on the second room is that his magic card/band wouldn’t open our room. I’ll have to cross that bridge when I come to it.
Old 31 Jul 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macadoo View Post
Thank you.

They will be for the same date.

So I can do one in my husbands one in mine even though the other room will be for someone else?

ETA I don’t suppose it matters who stays in what room, we’re all part of the same family.
Why don’t you just start an account for somebody that will be in the other room and put the room in their name?

I think it does matter that your magic bands, tickets etc are allocated to the correct names as otherwise the magic band won’t unlock the correct room and if the party splits up and say fast passes are back you will have to remember which magic band does what as somebody will need to be pretending to be somebody else. It would certainly be easier to just book it in the correct names in the first place.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Why don’t you just start an account for somebody that will be in the other room and put the room in their name?

I think it does matter that your magic bands, tickets etc are allocated to the correct names as otherwise the magic band won’t unlock the correct room and if the party splits up and say fast passes are back you will have to remember which magic band does what as somebody will need to be pretending to be somebody else. It would certainly be easier to just book it in the correct names in the first place.
I’ve booked two rooms, one in mine, other in husbands. I had assumed as the bookings were linked that we could have access to either room. I take it that it’s not as simple as that
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leia77 View Post
I’ve booked two rooms, one in mine, other in husbands. I had assumed as the bookings were linked that we could have access to either room. I take it that it’s not as simple as that
I am happy to be corrected as I admit I have never had linked bookings, but I don’t think so. I believe the magic band will work for whichever room the owner of the magic band is allocated to.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am happy to be corrected as I admit I have never had linked bookings, but I don’t think so. I believe the magic band will work for whichever room the owner of the magic band is allocated to.
Thanks for that. I’ll need to give them a call to check/fix.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

This is correct, only bands/cards linked to guests listed on the actual room have access to it.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List