VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
:) What are you wearing to the Airport - DAY 10 Aquatica

Aquatica Shopping & Bahama Breeze DAY 10 – Monday 13th September 2010

Orlando Villa

Weather 93 Degrees HOT

Woke at 6am, felt GREAT ! No idea what was wrong with me yesterday, but whatever it was, it’s gone and good riddance!

Normal service resumed, we have coffee, orange juice and English Muffins on the patio by the pool and watch the day break, ah bliss!

I have a little bit of a Dibb, and potter getting my things together and we are on our way to Aquatica we make a pit stop at Walgreens to collect some more water, we always buy a cheap cooler and keep it in the boot of the car with ice and water in. I buy a disposable camera some lypsyl and we are off.

We arrive at 10am and park right at the side of preferred parking, there are new ticket machines and they are easy to use, amazing really, considering I try to take them by surprise, having had many tussles and dramas with non working tickets and thumb prints etc!

We find two sun beds near the wave pool with a parasol, we dump our stuff and then it’s off to play yay!

Within the hour we have slid down every slide Aquatica has to offer, and it’s totally exhilarating, those stairs to the slides also must tone your butt! So that’s a bonus!

We had worked up an appetite now, so wandered over to the Waterstone Grill and had lunch I had the chicken wrap with potato salad and Michael had a BBQ Chicken sandwich. Whilst we sat there I watched in amazement as a young English mother and her two children ate lunch, her young son, aged around 4 or 5 started eating some strawberries, his mum shouted at him ‘Eat your chips then you can have some fruit’ he protested that he didn’t want his chips but she took away the strawberries and didn’t give them back to him

Now I know after food you should rest before going back into the water, but seen as our mums weren’t there we went straight back onto Roa’s Rapids, I love it in here, the current picks you up and takes you round at quite a pace, you can where a life vest and float but I prefer to swim, it makes you feel like you are an accomplished swimmer lol! After 4 times round Michael made me get out

We swam in the wave pool, which seemed really tame at the side of Melbourne Beach. We went on the Dolphin Plunge ride, where you can allegedly see the dolphins as you shoot through a clear Perspex tube at the speed of light, this is also the most uncomfortable ride, full of ridges that actually hurt a bit as you go down. I had the bruises to prove it!

By now it’s 1pm and its unbelievably hot, we can’t walk anywhere in our bare feet it’s more like synchronised hopping from shaded area to water to shaded area, accompanied by sounds of ouch, ouch, ouch ouch! So we decide it’s time to leave.

We head back to the Villa shower and change and head towards the top of International Drive to the Tommy Hilfiger discount shop, it’s not far TJ Maxx, you can’t guarantee what you will find here but it’s massively discounted. Michael finds some Jeans, I find some black Capri pants and a lovely Khaki short skirt, total price $40 what a bargain.

Then onto T J Maxx, it is a little like a jumble sale, but providing I’m well fed and not tired I’m happy to dive in and hunt for bargains. I find various bits and pieces for our granddaughters, I get two lovely jumpers, some shoes, a lucky brand scarf, PJ’s, 2 pairs of sunglasses, Michael gets some trousers, 4 T-Shirts amongst other things total cost $250

We have both had enough of shopping now and we are hungry so we drive to Bahama Breeze for some much need sustenance, I order some kind of Virgin Cocktail full of fruit and very nice, we share 4 appetisers, including coconut shrimp, crab and avocado tower, onion rings all lovely, the shrimp gumbo was awful just a bowl of fat with some shrimp in YUK!

We decide for one last push and call in at Target on the way home, we always buy drugs from here, for us and for friends and family. My SiL is a Chemist and always asks us to pick her things up that are better and cheaper than the UK counterparts. I am always amazed that in the UK I cant buy more than 32 paracetamols without it been flagged up but in the states you can buy hundreds of sleeping pills and pain killers and nobody bats an eyelid.

Back at the villa, sit outside and admire our purchases, cutting of the price tags and folding them all up ready to pack. We watch some TV for an hour and bed by 10pm, Seaworld tomorrow.

Edited at 10:55 AM.
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
anniee
Imagineer

Great day - I love Roa's Rapids too.
Old 24 Oct 10, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post

lovely day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds like you had a great day at Aquatica. Looking forward to reading about Seaworld!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Great day - thank goodness you are feeling better

Perhaps you should approach Aquatica and suggest a new tag line? "Best for butt toning"
KarenG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald88
Imagineer

Lovely day at Aquatica, i know what you mean on the dolphin plunge every section you get nipped! Its crazy we bought 1000+ sleeping pills and no one questions you no wonder so many people get addicted to perscription drugs! I love the coconut shrimp at Bahama Breeze.
macdonald88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great day at Aquatica really enjoyed it last year when we went. Great photos too.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day at aquatica
Old 24 Oct 10, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Thank Goodness you feel better.

Lovely day

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 10, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another lovely day - so glad you're feeling better.
Loved Aquatica , especially the Roa Rapids.
Went to Bahama Breeze last time we were out and really enjoyed it !
Your photos are great too !
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List