Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 26 May 15, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
gp200ts1
Getting Excited

pay as you go sim cards

has anyone got suggestions for pay as you go sim cards to use in florida. had a tracphone but the airtime expired last year and we would prefer a sim card to use in our phones anyway.
what do people use for holiday visits?
thanks in advence
Paul & Julie
gp200ts1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I personally would just use the free WIFI in the parks and turn the rest off. Thats what we do. You can then use Imessage or watts app for text and face time / skype for video calls if you wish. I dont want to be contacted by people at home for the wifi is perfectally acceptable and free
Old 26 May 15, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
challybaby
Apprentice Imagineer

I've ordered the 3 feel at home sim for all of us , as we were told we can top up with £15 and have calls to each other and home included in the top up and can use the data allowance without being charged , there is a thread on the 3 feel at home
Old 26 May 15, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nevil30
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I use simple mobile which gets me unlimited data text and calls to USA phones or to UK landlines
Nevil30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 15, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
robitay
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by challybaby View Post
I've ordered the 3 feel at home sim for all of us , as we were told we can top up with £15 and have calls to each other and home included in the top up and can use the data allowance without being charged , there is a thread on the 3 feel at home
Used this on our last 4 trips, DW is already on 3 so she just uses her monthly allowance as normal, I just got a pay as you go sim and top it up with £15 before we go. Its great value as you can use the data anywhere you are without relying on wifi. Its good for texting or calling family at home. Just be aware that if you call a US number its classed as a international call.
robitay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 15, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Waiting on my 3 Feel at Home Sim to be delivered, if not, will go into the shop to get them for me and DW. I'm on O2 (switched from EE due to much better signal), but their international rates are really poor. 3 seem to offer the best deal to get you through a holiday especially if you intend to split up (don't think my DS is as concerned about seeing A&E as my DD) and need to find each other again in the park.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 15, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've in the past got fleeced with phone charges, but this year DH has bought a 3 sim, hes going to put it into his phone and register the day before we travel as its a month sim, hes bought it so he can use his phone as a sat nav,
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 15, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

ebay/itm//221775909206
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 15, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
AL1S0N
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by WonkyTrout View Post
That looks good, so it includes calls to us and uk? And if my phone is locked to T-Mobile uk will it work on T-Mobile USA?
AL1S0N is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 15, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
WonkyTrout
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by AL1S0N View Post
That looks good, so it includes calls to us and uk? And if my phone is locked to T-Mobile uk will it work on T-Mobile USA?
I'm pretty sure you will need to get your phone unlocked.

It does not include calls to UK, only texts. You can add an international call option for $10 but you'd be better just getting a phone card form Walmart (and dialing from your mobile).

You need to activate online a day or so before you go but it is pretty good value with no messing around.

Edited at 10:44 AM.
WonkyTrout is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread