Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 20, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tunnie12345 View Post
What I would say is that if you are a bit anxious about the whole thing then a theme park probably isn't the best thing for you to go to. Watch the Tim tracker Florida vlogs, he is so conscious about everything Covid related that he can’t enjoy himself and his vlogs are actually quite depressing at the moment.

Yes we should all be able to go and feel safe but if you are worried how others around you will be acting then it may be better to give it a miss this year.
Tim Tracker is paranoid about covid - he stuffs his food down just in case someone comes within 30 feet of him!

He won't go inside a building - yet he has been shopping!, to get food. He would be better staying at home but he is probably seeing a drop in income
Old 7 Aug 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Remember all those ‘busy/quiet’ threads that crop up every year in all the forums (particularly WDW)? Someone complains it’s busy, someone else posts they were there the same day and it was quiet.

So much depends on your perception of normal crowd levels, and where you happened to be at what time.

No need for conspiracy theories.
Some people think that a long queue means it is busy but if there is 1 or 2 metres between groups then it will be a long queue (distance wise). Waits will be longer because the are putting less people on each ride and cleaning.

If you bunched everyone up and filled the seats it would be seen as quiet
Old 7 Aug 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
Youngest is due to go end of Nov with her friend’s family. Really hope it not too busy by then, but chances are more hotels will be open if they don’t go back into lockdown. It definitely looks busier now than last week when themepark worldwide was there

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyElles
Excited about Disney

We popped in very briefly today as we wanted to activate our annual passes. Went on it’s a small world to break the ice (first ride on something since 2018) 😂and then tracked down a coral spirit jersey as there are sales on at the moment and these are 40% off.

It’s very hot, but it felt manageable, clean and well ordered. Tomorrow we plan to hit a few rides so can update.
Disney Magic: 2019, 2021, 2022
DVC owner since 2018
DisneyElles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sodick96 View Post
Hi all, I am currently at DLP staying at Newport bay hotel. Unfortunately this week it has become very busy. The ride queues now vary between 30 to 45mins. It’s ok generally during magic hours. I must stress though that if you are worried about social distancing do not come here the french do not understand social distancing. I do welcome the fact that all the brits so far have been great. We ate yesterday at Rémy, this was horrendous and my steak was awful, I complained and got attitude from one of the managers so I refused to pay for the whole meal and they agreed surprisingly. My kids have loved it though which Is the reason we came. It is such a shame as the parks are so well kept and are beautiful definitely on par with Florida, however this is spoilt by french people. Sorry if this offends anyone but I have to speak my mind.
Doesn't surprise me we have been a few times but teens smoking in the queues and queue jumping is rife and normal in DLP. They have done NOTHING to entice people there with their exorbitant fees despite covid.

Old 7 Aug 20, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
Tim Tracker is paranoid about covid - he stuffs his food down just in case someone comes within 30 feet of him!

He won't go inside a building - yet he has been shopping!, to get food. He would be better staying at home but he is probably seeing a drop in income

Yet he gets 1000s of views for his generally very poor quality vids. There are so many better vloggers out there doing much better quality content these days.