Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 2 Nov 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Bugs_n_Belfy
Gone all Goofy

Fast Pass: Rivers of Light, Epcot Forever & Fantasmic

Good afternoon,

In regard to Fast Pass, we were looking to securing ones for Rivers of Light, Epcot Forever & Fantasmic. However, locking these in 60 days in advance, will of course mean that we can't gain more Fast Passes on the day.

Therefore, what are people's experience of getting the fast pass for the above shows on the day. Obviously we don't want to miss them, but if we can get the Fast pass on the day, then that would be brilliant.

Cheers
Bugs_n_Belfy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We were a bit underwhelmed by Rivers of Light to be honest, so not sure I would use a fast Pass on it.

Mind you, we went in an unseasonably cold spell in March 2 years ago, and sitting there really cold close to water probably didn't help!
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I have always got those on the day. But in reality they are a waste of time. Fantasmic FP+ is such a mess that even if you haven't got a FP+ you can sit in that section.

With the Epcot fireworks unless you get there really early you just wont get a decent view. So you might as well stake out a spot somewhere else.

RoL seating is pretty much the same view anywhere. So it doesn't make much difference if you have a FP+. Again getting tp the FP+ seating early gets you a better spot. So that negates the need for a FP+ in the first place.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We got fastpasses on the day. No way was I wasting anything on those. Used tap and grab and just got one very close to the time. Not like it made much difference anyways as others have said.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

We also got FP+ on the day using 'tap and grab' late afternoon/early evening. The FP+ seating section wasn't great (and despite high expectations, we didn't really like Fantastmic ).
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
vanderbar
Trading Disney Pins

We didn't use FPs. This was peak summer, Rivers of Light - walked up 10mins before. Ok we were not front row but still had good seats near the back, which meant a quick exit!

Fantasmic - walked up and think we probably got better seats than FP+ (that section looked full).

Epcot (last year) - just found a decent place to stand nearer the time.
vanderbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

We got Rivers of Light on the day last year. We've just booked after hours for next year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the updated show, but I don't know that I'd FP it again.

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Fantasmic is a bit of a joke, you can walking in 10 mins before it starts and get a similar seat

Epcot, just pick a spot 1 hour before it starts, you should be fine
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mo&Chris View Post
We got Rivers of Light on the day last year. We've just booked after hours for next year, and I'm looking forward to seeing the updated show, but I don't know that I'd FP it again.

/Mo
I saw it in September and it was one of the highlights of my trip, I absolutely loved it. I didn't get FP - got standby and arrived about 20 minutes before it started. I haven't seen the original.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We had a FP for ROL in September and they weren’t even bothering to scan anyone in, they just waved everyone through the FP line.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List