Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
We tend to just go to the markets in St Anne's Square and King Street and would avoid Albert Square where it is very busy due to lack of space. If you look around in late afternoon the crowds will be fine. Also if you are going in November it won't be as busy as nearer to Christmas. All the different areas in the city are selling exactly the same stuff. You don't really need to go to all of them and St Anne's Square and King Street are the nicer parts of the city, better shops and there seems more space.

Have a good time !
Thank you! We are going the end of November and we’ll try to avoid that area!
lovemickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by lovemickey View Post
Thank you! We are going the end of November and we’ll try to avoid that area!
Please don’t avoid Albert square, it has a brilliant atmosphere and there are are some good stalls, eateries and places to get a drink. Do try and visit all the areas, not been down yet but read they where putting stalls in Piccadilly gardens as well.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
Please don’t avoid Albert square, it has a brilliant atmosphere and there are are some good stalls, eateries and places to get a drink. Do try and visit all the areas, not been down yet but read they where putting stalls in Piccadilly gardens as well.
It shows that everybody likes different. We don’t like the Albert Square area, I just find with it not being a shopping area it focuses mainly on those wanting to drink. I find there isn’t enough room and I can’t be doing with it too crowded. The markets are all spread out over town and they sell all the same stuff. I prefer to look at the stalls nearer to the regular shops. If visiting for the full weekend I’m sure you can go to all of them but I can’t be bothered walking round all of them

Did I imagine it that the market wasn’t being held in Albert Square this year because of building work or has there been a change of plan ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
It shows that everybody likes different. We don’t like the Albert Square area, I just find with it not being a shopping area it focuses mainly on those wanting to drink. I find there isn’t enough room and I can’t be doing with it too crowded. The markets are all spread out over town and they sell all the same stuff. I prefer to look at the stalls nearer to the regular shops. If visiting for the full weekend I’m sure you can go to all of them but I can’t be bothered walking round all of them

Did I imagine it that the market wasn’t being held in Albert Square this year because of building work or has there been a change of plan ?
They changed plan and are using Albert square again this year
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Even though I live in the suburbs of Manchester I wouldn't visit the Xmas markets anymore, last time we went to give it another try it was dangerously busy and just not a nice experience for us

Give me Edinburgh Xmas markets anytime
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

We generally have a look around when we attend an annual event at the cathedral. It is very popular and there are some areas we don’t try to get to because of the crowds.
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
cdavenport
Imagineer

cdavenport's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Love the Manchester Christmas markets, we are heading up to Edinburgh this year for the first time but will probably fit in a trip to Manchester too.
Oct 93-Best Western, Oct '95-Villa Davenport, Oct '96-Hotel Kissimmee, Nov '98-Villa Westridge, Nov '00-Port Richey, Oct '02-Cypress Point/BlueTree Resort, Oct '03-Mystic Dunes, Dec '05-NYC/Westgate Resort/Regal Palms, Dec '07-Polynesian Isles/Regal Palms, May '09-Villa, Dec '09-Orange Lake Resort, Aug '10 SSR/Cypress Point/Indian Wells, Jul '12- Calabay Parc, Apr '14-Villa, Marbella Resort, Jul/Aug '15-SSR/Villa Cypress Point, Oct '16-Ramada Plaza Resort, Jul '17-OKW/Villa
cdavenport is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Ivegottadream View Post
Would you say it's better than Birmingham? That's where we were thinking of going. Have you been in the ice village? I think it looks really interesting.
My friend has done both and would pick Manchester- I can’t say as not done bham x

The most magical place on earth
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
gemms2000
Getting Excited

Mobile

I walk through them to get to work, but I’m actually going out to them on Thursday night. Can’t wait, as I didn’t manage to get to them last year. Top of my list is the cookie s’mores 😁
gemms2000 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Where are the cookie smores please? Going tomorrow!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List