Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Oct 19, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
So glad you got your passports back, it must have been such a relief.

Lovely afternoon at the beach, although it does look a little cold. Nice to have the beach all to yourselves.

Carmel looks like a beautiful place, I like that there are no street names just house names. Had to laugh at seeing you got Walkers shortbread there, the Walkers factory is near where I live and my daughter worked there this summer.

Great way to end the day with a fabulous meal.
Oh it was such a relief, I would have been a complete basket case had we waited until going home day
Yes it wasn't hot at all but was luckily warmer than it looked. Us hardy Brits were fine though
It's a really quirky place, I liked that too, keeps the place a bit different.
Walkers shortbread is my absolute favourite, I could eat an entire tin to myself! I hope your daughter brought you back some from when she worked there

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Oh it was such a relief, I would have been a complete basket case had we waited until going home day
Yes it wasn't hot at all but was luckily warmer than it looked. Us hardy Brits were fine though
It's a really quirky place, I liked that too, keeps the place a bit different.
Walkers shortbread is my absolute favourite, I could eat an entire tin to myself! I hope your daughter brought you back some from when she worked there
Unfortunately not. Apparently removing shortbread from the premises is a sackable offence 😥

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Unfortunately not. Apparently removing shortbread from the premises is a sackable offence 😥
My god, you would have thought they would give them some free samples!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Phew, thank goodness for getting the passports back and not too much time lists in the day
Loved the pics round 17 mile drive and Carmel. The Treehouse cafe sounded great too.
Brr to the beach pics though. Poor Sean with the sunburn

Cannery Row, looked very quiet, a bit spooky even . Dinner sounded fantastic . What a great day .
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Phew, thank goodness for getting the passports back and not too much time lists in the day
Loved the pics round 17 mile drive and Carmel. The Treehouse cafe sounded great too.
Brr to the beach pics though. Poor Sean with the sunburn

Cannery Row, looked very quiet, a bit spooky even . Dinner sounded fantastic . What a great day .
It was such a relief to get them back and yes we made it there and back in good time!
The scenery around the 17 mile drive is just gorgeous, I could have stopped loads more times but I think everyone else was losing the will to live by that point
We are hardy Brits, we braved the cold . It was actually not that bad when you were laying down but the sea was Baltic, I wasn't that brave!
It was so dead around there, a complete contrast to the day before.
Thank you

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 5 Nov 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Gosh you must have been so relieved to have got your passports back.
looks like you had a great time on the beach, love the photoshoot pics!
17 mile looked amazing it was closed the weekend when we went so it's been lovely to see all your fantastic pics, thanks
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juliab View Post
Gosh you must have been so relieved to have got your passports back.
looks like you had a great time on the beach, love the photoshoot pics!
17 mile looked amazing it was closed the weekend when we went so it's been lovely to see all your fantastic pics, thanks
It was such a relief, I could finally relax and properly enjoy myself!
Garrapata beach was beautiful, would have been even better if the sun was shining
Oh no, I can't believe they closed it. How disappointing

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:12 AM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Phew! Glad you got your passports back safely.

Well done on braving the beach day, despite the cooler weather, Ouch to that sunburn though - that looks very sore!

We loved our day doing 17 mile drive and Pebble Beach. Your dinner looks delicious too!
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Phew! Glad you got your passports back safely.

Well done on braving the beach day, despite the cooler weather, Ouch to that sunburn though - that looks very sore!

We loved our day doing 17 mile drive and Pebble Beach. Your dinner looks delicious too!
I could have kissed the guy when I got them back
We really were hardy Brits that day but in all honesty it wasn't as cold as the photos look.
Its beautiful isn't it? Even if you're not remotely interested in golf (like me!) you can still appreciate the stunning surroundings of Pebble Beach

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 16 Feb 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Woohoo you got your passports back - I bet you felt a million times better a great tip for Garrapatta beach from your server, the locals always know where to go. Very fancy photos of the family on the rocks too dinner looks and sounds delicious- it’s always strange when you go to an American town and the restaurants are quiet - certainly not like Orlando or New York, makes a nice change I think another action packed day!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List