Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Dec 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Thumbs up 5 do Florida for the 1st time - October 2018 - Day 14 - DS, Buffalo Wild Wings and MNSSHP

Index

So my days will be getting shorter now as my notes are pretty much non existent. This morning we had typhoon Lagoon pencilled into the itinerary but, although we would have liked to have done another water park, we didn't want to wear the kids out too much before MNSSHP tonight.

I don't think I was up very early this morning and I daren't ask what unearthly time the kids got up. They were happy playing with some of their purchases around the villa for a while before we headed out.

We decided to have little look around Disney Springs during the daylight. Sally also wanted to get something for a friend back home that had sold out on the UK Disney website and of course Emma wanted to spend some more money in the shops as she didn't have anywhere near enough toys.

We parked in the lime garage according to my photos.

We had a little wander around and I have to say I preferred it during the day to our first trip on a Friday night.

Sally managed to get the toy her friend wanted and it was a fair bit cheaper than at home. Emma and Benjamin got a couple of toys. It was a fairly quick whistle stop tour.

We were soon back in the car and decided to head to Buffalo Wild Wings at Formosa Gardens for lunch. We arrived at 12:00.

I went for the dozen wings with two different coatings. Sally was a bit annoyed after we had ordered as she hadn't realised she could get half with one coating and half with another you snooze you lose!

Shockingly the kids had chicken tenders and Chloe had a pasta dish.

It was really quiet in here but the service was still a little slow. It was average fare but I wouldn't say it was anything to write home about.
The bill was £77.06 including tip.

We headed back to the villa to get ready for MNSSHP.

By 13:30 the kids were pretty much ready to go. Emma had her Shimmer and Shine costume she wanted and Benjamin was Yoda.

We didn't really hang around as we had Fast passes booked for before MSSHP. As we were driving along the 192 Sally suddenly declared that she didn't think she had put any shoes in for Benjamin. We pulled into Target and confirmed she had forgotten to put them in.

Oh how it amused me. As all my planning had been so perfect I allowed myself the opportunity to have a little moan about it... not that any one was bothered!

Sally and Chloe took Benjamin in abought him some shoes for the night. I stayed in the car as Emma had taken the opportunity to have a little snooze and skip the drama.

At 14:45 we parked up in the MK car park in Zurg. I have no idea where that is but we walked to the entrance from here.

Having negotiated the monorail we walked into MK at 15:10.

We headed off to our first fast pass of the day which was Splash Mountain. As usual Chloe gave this one a miss so Sally and I went on alone. As we tapped in the CM said, "you're a little late but that's fine". I asked how late we were and it was just over an hour. I thought our fast pass was later than it was but it was still Sally's fault for forgetting Benjamin's shoes

We then headed to Thunder Mountain where Chloe and I went on first followed by Sally and Chloe using child swap. I didn't think it was a good as the Paris one. We were on here by about 16:00.

Then on to our third and final fastpass which was Barnstormer. I wasn't concerned about doing this so Chloe and Sally took Emma on.

At thi point I just hot the App and started to grab any fastpasses that I could which were available now.

We managed to do Dumbo and The little Mermaid ride one after the other. For some reason Emma absolutely loves Dumbo and would spend all day on it if she could.

At this point we had a look around to try and find some alcoholic drinks but soon gave up. We had started to see some party bags around so we headed off to get our bands and bags. we picked them up at the front of the park and also took the opportunity to get a photo pass picture with a few minutes wait. By now it was about 18:00.

We did a bit of a tour of a few of the treat stops. Emma loved it and ended up with most of our bags to carry.

We grabbed some churros and some drinks on the way around. I can't say I was a big fan of them. Chloe likes them though.

The next ride we went on was Pirates as there wasn't too much of a queue

I did a fair bit of wandering around and soaking up the atmosphere. I know we did a couple of rides but I don't recall which.

As we walked through past the tangled toilets I saw the queue wasn't too long for the lantern shots I had seen on here before so we joined the queue. It was very slow moving as it was generally large family groups having multiple shot so we took the same opportunity when we got there.

The photographer tried to get me to kiss Sally but I wasn't feeling that brave
I actually did but no-one needs to see that

By now it was about 20:00 so we decided to take a steady wander towards the first parade. We knew the second one would be quieter but the first parade was realistically the only chance we would have for the kids to be awake to see it. We did pass the Moana meet and enquired as to how long the queue was. The CM said, "at least 2 and a half hours". I was what we expected but it was a shame as Emma would have loved to have met Moana.

I was surprised how busy it was with people staking out their spots for the parade so we walked down Main Street. All of the spots by the kerb were pretty much taken which was a surprise to me nearly an hour before the parade.

This was where, unfortunately, I managed to embarrass Sally and Chloe to the point that they wanted the ground to open up and swallow them. I think we were near the Main Street Bakery? almost down to the bottom of Main Street when I saw this.

Now, I know things like this are pretty much a fact of life in Theme Parks but I thought it was extracting the urine a little! Sally could seen my little brain ticking over and wanted to move on. She quickly went and spoke to a nearby CM who said people were really allowed to save spots like that but he wasn't allowed to move them. Sally did point out the security risk of unattended bags laying around but he said there was nothing he could do about it. The ladies at each end of the bags were not making any eye contact with me at all so I walked over, picked up each of the bags and placed them next to the nearby bin. I then pushed Emma and Benjamin to the kerbside and sat down next to them. With some encouragement Chloe and Sally joined me. The CM appeared to find it quite amusing but said nothing. The two ladies at the ends of the bags did give me a few looks but also said nothing!

About 5 minutes later and lady and 2 adult Daughters arrived looking a bit confused. She spoke to one of the ladies and then inspected her bags to probably make sure nothing was missing. After a a couple of filthy looks from her I said something similar to, "Yes, it was me that moved your bags" to which she replied along the lines of, "Yes I know it was, that space was saved". I politely asked her what made her so special that everyone else waiting to see the parade were doing exactly that whilst she could leave some carrier bags there and come back whenever she felt like it. She wasn't impressed, Sally was disowning me and Asian lady at the bottom of the picture found it hilarious but wouldn't look at the Spanish family I was having the disagreement with. Anyway, I eventually thanked her for saving us a space and left it at that. If it wasn't for the fact that I had the kids I probably wouldn't have bothered but I'm glad I moved them and we had a great spot. I felt no shame whatsoever

Sally and the kids had a little dance on Main Street waiting for the parade in an attempt to keep both of the kids awake.

Unfortunately about 10-15 minutes before the parade started this happened!

I tried to wake her but no chance. I decided to let her nap for a few minutes and then wake her up literally as it started but that wasn't happening either! She literally snored through the whole parade. I was gutted but that's the joys of having rug rats. Benjamin, on the other hand, was transfixed though the whole thing.

You can see my Spanish friend behind me with her arms folded sulking. I felt really bad.

We really enjoyed the parade. The atmosphere was great and so many of the characters were lured in by Benjamin. Loads came right over to see him. The fox (sorry I have no clue what he's from) came over peered at Emma and then took her bag of sweets of her lap. He then ran away with them but brought them back soon after. We obviously told Emma about that and she still mentions it regularly despite not actually seeing it happen. We thoroughly enjoyed the parade. Unfortunately my pictures are rubbish mainly due to my lack of any photography skills and a damn light being right opposite that made all my pictures dark

(this fox still Emma's sweets)

Once the parade had finished we made a visit to the rest rooms at the bottom of Main Street. Sally and Chloe then went in one of the shops to buy a Disney necklace each.

As they came out of the shop Hallowishes was starting. We stood at the bottom of Main Street and watched them. I was a pretty decent view actually and wasn't ridiculously crowded.

I recall a few spots of rain at the end of Hallowishes but nothing to shout about. It was earlier than planned but we decided to call it a night. We had really enjoyed the party. In all honesty I wouldn't say it was value for money for us as a family especially as first time visitors whereby there were plenty of things we hadn't seen that wouldn't have cost extra. However, We had no regrets and were glad we had done it. The battle back to the car on the monorail was uneventful and we were soon back to Hibiscus Ridge.

Whilst we had been at the party I saw an email from Geraldine the owner of our next villa, Disney Sunset Villa. She was letting us know that the villa was ready for us at any time we wanted to check in tomorrow. It was really nice of her to do that as she knew we were already in the area. It meant we could be so much more flexible tomorrow. Debra had allowed us a late check out from our first villa of 18:00 with no charge and now we could also get in our next villa first thing in the morning. Fantastic service form both Dibb owners.

Another really enjoyable day where we all had a fantastic time.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

The kid's costumes look so cute, Benjamin's face! Adorable!

That was good of the CM to still let you in, I mix times up all the time, must be an age thing

Well done on the extra fastpasses, makes things so much easier knowing you can get more rides in! We never managed to ride Dumbo but I'm sure it's as amazing as Emma says it is, bless her.

The photos at the front of the park are lovely, ones to definitely treasure.

Oh you've got to love Churros! I even managed to convert the kid's to them when we were there.

Those lantern photos are amazing, they look fab. I'm sure Sally was feeling the same way about the kiss

Good on you! I'd have done exactly the same, as you probably noticed I'm not a people person, especially one's who like to think they can do whatever they want I remember when we went when I was 15 and my dad have a confrontation with a spanish family as they did similar at the MVMCP. My dad wasn't confrontational at all but it really got his goat. I love the fact the CM found it funny too

That picture wish you'd have got her face in though, now that would have been funny! Shame Emma fell asleep but at least Benjamin enjoyed it. His little face at the fireworks though!

Another fab day with lots of memories xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 18, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Loving your work with moving the bags! Glad you all enjoyed the party, especially with your excellent view of the parade
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

No, we didn't see you this evening either although we were there the same night You were sensible and had a quieter day before the party, we were silly and did HS in the daytime.

I don't blame you moving those bags, I would have too. Why do people think that's it's ok to do something like that? The second parade was much quieter I think, as we got there just as it started and got a good spot. Not so easy to stay this late with small children though.

Your view of the fireworks was excellent, I think I would try this for fireworks again. We weren't too bad on MNSSHP night, we were by the Plaza, but we were in a huge crowd for HEA a few nights later and I hate the pushing of the big crowds, tends to spoil the atmosphere for me a bit.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
The kid's costumes look so cute, Benjamin's face! Adorable!

That was good of the CM to still let you in, I mix times up all the time, must be an age thing

Well done on the extra fastpasses, makes things so much easier knowing you can get more rides in! We never managed to ride Dumbo but I'm sure it's as amazing as Emma says it is, bless her.

The photos at the front of the park are lovely, ones to definitely treasure.

Oh you've got to love Churros! I even managed to convert the kid's to them when we were there.

Those lantern photos are amazing, they look fab. I'm sure Sally was feeling the same way about the kiss

Good on you! I'd have done exactly the same, as you probably noticed I'm not a people person, especially one's who like to think they can do whatever they want I remember when we went when I was 15 and my dad have a confrontation with a spanish family as they did similar at the MVMCP. My dad wasn't confrontational at all but it really got his goat. I love the fact the CM found it funny too

That picture wish you'd have got her face in though, now that would have been funny! Shame Emma fell asleep but at least Benjamin enjoyed it. His little face at the fireworks though!

Another fab day with lots of memories xx
Haha Benjamin was funny in his outfit but he wouldn't keep the hat on for long.
Sally was actually begging but I said I wouldn't ell anyone that

I did at least pause and have a think before I moved the bags. the more I thought about it though the more it annoyed me. Sally was trying to drag me down Main Street so that I didn't do it. I'm glad I did thought. You're right I wished I'd got a proper selfie of us with her
Night time shows weren't to much of a success for us on this trip so it is a reason to go back another time.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Dec 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Loving your work with moving the bags! Glad you all enjoyed the party, especially with your excellent view of the parade
Sally wasn't quite as impressed but she did enjoy our prime spot for the parade
Old 19 Dec 18, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
No, we didn't see you this evening either although we were there the same night You were sensible and had a quieter day before the party, we were silly and did HS in the daytime.

I don't blame you moving those bags, I would have too. Why do people think that's it's ok to do something like that? The second parade was much quieter I think, as we got there just as it started and got a good spot. Not so easy to stay this late with small children though.

Your view of the fireworks was excellent, I think I would try this for fireworks again. We weren't too bad on MNSSHP night, we were by the Plaza, but we were in a huge crowd for HEA a few nights later and I hate the pushing of the big crowds, tends to spoil the atmosphere for me a bit.
I think maybe we should have done Typhoon Lagoon during the day then the kids may have had an afternoon nap and been awake for the parade but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I've always read that the second parade is the quietest but it just wasn't really and option for us. I'm glad I moved them. I couldn't believe the cheek of them

We could see the fireworks really well and it wasn't crowded there. We are yet to see HEA but we do a dessert party for it on our last night.
Old 19 Dec 18, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

The lantern photos are lovely. I don't blame you moving the bags, I'm really suprised Disney are willing to leave unattended bags there at all.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the party although it's a shame Emma fell asleep. I'm debating it for our next trip but not sure if the cost is worth it, I think my older two would enjoy it but it might be too late for Barnaby to get through. Plus halloween in August might be a bit odd!
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Dec 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
The lantern photos are lovely. I don't blame you moving the bags, I'm really suprised Disney are willing to leave unattended bags there at all.

I'm glad you all enjoyed the party although it's a shame Emma fell asleep. I'm debating it for our next trip but not sure if the cost is worth it, I think my older two would enjoy it but it might be too late for Barnaby to get through. Plus halloween in August might be a bit odd!
I thought the same about unattended bags but the CM said he wasn't allowed to move them... odd.
We enjoyed the Halloween party but as first timers I don't really think we needed to do it but have no regrets. It would work better for us when the kids are old enough to keep their eyes open for the duration
Old 23 Dec 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The party looks like it was fun. The lantern photos are lovely, we couldn't be bothered to wait but I'm kicking myself after seeing your photos.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List