Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 27 Aug 19, 01:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Echo18
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We were at Vinelands today and saw the queue. We were slightly bemused as to what they could be selling that was so good/cheap to have people queuing to get in. We bought a few bits and pieces in the other outlet stores but would hardly say we had bargains given the dreadful exchange rate.
Echo18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

We made the trip over on Sunday about 4pm to escape the heat for a while.

When we got there there was no queue to get in, when we left there was huge queues to get in so we must have got lucky.

The girls got a couple of pairs of Minnie ears each, some nice flower ones and imagination pink ones, these seemed a great bargain at $5 a pop rather than $27 in the parks.

Also got a 4th July spirit Jersey for me for $10, they only had xxl but good for in the house, got the kids one each at $12 as well so we were happy with that.

Otherwise bought a light up doom buggy for $2, a hatbox ghost mug for $6, a couple of the iron man bubble gauntlets and the Cinderella bubble wands both $3 and one of the celebration Mickey plushies for $6, these are lovely, I noticed he has buttons front and back and it had me wondering if he always does and I’m still not sure!

The queue to pay was doubled up though so took about $15.

Overall a really good result for us but not sure we’ll rush back as I think we just got slightly lucky with a couple of the items.
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I went to Vineland today. Arrived st 9.30 and was the last person they let in, during the first lot of people. I wanted a Loungefly backpack, but the people ahead of me obviously knew what they were doing and rushed straight to them and grabbed the limited amount that they had. I did get a few bargains, a Mickey plush which is gorgeous and a Millennium Falcon for ds. Also a Stitch iPhone case reduced from $29.99 to 99 cents.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
MacUK
VIP Dibber

MacUK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Never queued to get in, this is crazy!
MacUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

For those going late afternoons and tea times did they have any Minnie ears left?

I really wanted the blue and white spotty ones with the flower in the middle and was planning on buying them full price then I saw a vlog where they were in the outlet for $7.99 I think... not sure they will still be there when we go, especially as our plans worked out we can only get to the outlets in the afternoons... thanks!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Went today got there about 10.45,quite a few banshees in,picked up 2 for my sons,there were none left when we left around 45 mins later.huge queue to pay and a queue to get in when we left too!.got a huge Mickey plush for $6 and a few nice shirts, saw nice dooney and bourke dvc bags reduced from $258 to $124.people outside arguing with staff as a few people bought 6+ banshees
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

At international outlets they limited em to 4 each the banshees lol
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

It’s honestly insane the the stories reading through this thread. Though it is useful too so thanks to everyone who is sharing.

I’m in two minds what to do for the best. I was thinking of going on my first morning after breakfast given I’ll be up at stupid o’clock anyway and staying nearby at universal (well near the international drive one) or go one evening and just see what’s left - if anything.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
It’s honestly insane the the stories reading through this thread. Though it is useful too so thanks to everyone who is sharing.

I’m in two minds what to do for the best. I was thinking of going on my first morning after breakfast given I’ll be up at stupid o’clock anyway and staying nearby at universal (well near the international drive one) or go one evening and just see what’s left - if anything.
It doesn't open until 10am - on your first morning you'll be awake a long time before that.

Going in the evening is the best approach, and there will be PLENTY left. There may not be any of the limited quantity banshees and the like, but if you just like perusing the shop generally then you'll be fine.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
It doesn't open until 10am - on your first morning you'll be awake a long time before that.

Going in the evening is the best approach, and there will be PLENTY left. There may not be any of the limited quantity banshees and the like, but if you just like perusing the shop generally then you'll be fine.

Thanks Bozza. I hadn’t realised it only opens at 10am; I had 8am in mind for some reason and was planning a leisurely Keke’s Breakfast Cafe pancake first. I’ve been a few times before and I’ve never even had to consider this but yes I was just hoping for more of a browse and wasn’t wanting anything particularly limited.

A spirit jersey would be nice but I’m sure they’ll be gone early doors.
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List