Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 19, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MEGGYJOE
Imagineer

Urgent advice please

We are flying tomorrow morning from LGW with BA to Tampa travelling from Wales.
My daughter is unwell and is at A & E and there a 6/7 hour wait to be seen.
If we didn’t make the flight, what are my options?
Would I lose the money or could they put me on the next available flight.
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can't answer I afraid, but hope your daughter is ok.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Sorry to hear your daughter is unwell. I guess it depends if she is fit to fly or not after doctor has seen her. I think you may be best to ring your insurers emergency number to see what they advice.

Hope your daughter makes q quick recovery.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I am so sorry to hear your daughter is unwell, your best bet is to give your insurers a ring a see what your options are.

I hope your daughter is OK.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MEGGYJOE View Post
We are flying tomorrow morning from LGW with BA to Tampa travelling from Wales.
My daughter is unwell and is at A & E and there a 6/7 hour wait to be seen.
If we didn’t make the flight, what are my options?
Would I lose the money or could they put me on the next available flight.
Contact the airline asap I'd suggest. They will advise. I suspect they will look to put you on next available flight.

Hope your daughter is ok. How awful. I'd also plead with the AE dept to see if they can do anything to bump you through quickly.

Re getting your money back I think your insurance should pay if it's a decent policy but ring them also asap

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Budmiester
Excited about Disney

Contact BA right now, advise them of the situation and see what they say . I do take it that you have insurance, if so contact them as well. Hope everything is ok and you're good to go tomorrow.
Budmiester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dpmcalister
Apprentice Imagineer

dpmcalister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It all depends on the airline and what availability they have. I've heard of cases where people have been put on the next available flight for free, others where they've had to pay for another flight, and yet others where they've had to cancel the entire holiday because there was no availability and then claim on their insurance.

I'm sorry I can't be of any more help but I would speak with BA at Gatwick as soon as you are able - obviously, your daughter's wellbeing is of primary importance though so I hope she's OK.
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

First and foremost hope she is ok
You need to contact them on social media ASAP even if she’s fine they may not want her to fly without a fit to fly letter or by phone
Contact your insurance ASAP they may want you to take out extra cover or not cover you at all or say they will only cover costs for one parent and child to stay here and fly later / or cancel
Contact car hire accomadation and let hem know you might be later than expected
BA May be able to put you on the later flight or Tuesdays flight
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

I can add no more than the advice others have given. Just wanted to wish your daughter a speedy recovery and things work out for you all.
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

I would be thinking what is the likelihood that she will have to remain in hospital based on the reason she is in there. ie - a wound that needs to be stitched up may not be a reason not to travel or something more serious.

As detailed on previous posts, you need to understand your next actions. My first port of call would be the airline to see if they are able to move the flight back one day FOC - if not, then when you speak to the insurance, advise your intentions and understand their position.

If its a good insurance company its now when their team will provide the relevant support etc, advise the insurable risk position and offer their guidance.

Note - any delay of flight if DIY could have an impact on no show for hotel, car hire etc resulting in them being cancelled in due course after a 12/24 hour period.

I wish your child a quick recovery.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List