Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Nov 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldcoast View Post
I'm no germophobe by any stretch of the imagination. I just found it disgusting, people using cooling towel to wipe sweat from their bodies and then rinsing them in the iced water which were keeping drinks cold. I wouldn't have any issue with people plucking ice out to use however they want. Just the idea of "even" sealed drinks bobbing in sweat tainted water turned my stomach.
That’s disgusting. Did the CM’s not challenge them?
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldcoast
Excited about Disney

First time I saw it there wasn't a CM at the cart, second time they CM was talking to a customer so not paying particular attention.
Goldcoast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
WDWfangirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

WDWfangirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
I'm no germophobe by any stretch of the imagination. I just found it disgusting, people using cooling towel to wipe sweat from their bodies and then rinsing them in the iced water which were keeping drinks cold. I wouldn't have any issue with people plucking ice out to use however they want. Just the idea of "even" sealed drinks bobbing in sweat tainted water turned my stomach.
Fair enough, it does sound a little gross on second thoughts
WDWfangirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 19, 12:17 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkspideruk
Imagineer

pinkspideruk's Reviews
we were in the queue for one of the houses at HHN and this woman waited until we were at a large wide corner and walked up the curb in front of us and about 10 other families. She was waving at her bf to join her but he could hear us grumbling and we had spread out quite a lot so didnt. everytime we came to a corn in the queue (which was the widest part) he would come stand right by the edge and try and get past us and every time myself or my 2 mates would spread ourselves out so he coudnt. This went on for about 30 mins with us being very vocal about q jumpers etc, the people in front of us also commented on it. The gf stayed about the same amount in front and continued to beckon to him. We literally got to about 5 mins from the entrance to the house and he managed to duck under the chain to join her. They were very smug about it and laughing.My friend politely went to speak to the CM. On entrance to the queue everyone was given a little raffle ticket with a number, the CM asked to see their tickets and also the tickets of a couple in front and behind them. She then firmly told them their tickets didnt match and they had to leave the queue and go back to the back and get new tickets to try again.

They were outraged! But the crazy thing was they literally queue jumped far enough ahead to get in about 2 minutes before us and then remained in the queue for like 45 minutes before being booted - totally not worth it at all!

Also waiting for the bus for BG - the first bus came and said you guys need to go first on the next bus as u have the wheelchair and walker and you need to use the reserved seats at the front (i had explained we had both when i called to ensure we would be able to take them and also that my mum a nd niece wouldnt have to walk miles to the back of the coach) when second coach came a bunch of people tried to push in front but some others in the queue were like no they need to go first so they had to wait my mum and niece sat at the frnt and i went to sit further back in cse anyone else needed the front seats but th driver was quite clear i needed to sit at the front so the people who had tried to push in huffed and puffed and sat behind me - all that for the sake of getting off the bus first (which is ironic as my mum and niece were last off as they are so slow and dont want to hold people up)

Sep 01 - Sep 20 Universal Endless Summer Surfside
pinkspideruk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by WDWfangirl View Post
Personally I don't see an issue with this. We all took advantage to help ourselves to ice to hold in our hands whilst it melted at every available opportunity on our last trip and not once did any CM's pay any notice to us whatsoever. All the drinks stored in them are sealed so I couldn't see the issue and we most certainly would not have done it if we were asked not to do so. From recollection most of the iced crates were storing the cooling fans and not drinks any how.
When I was there in September there were loads of drinks stored in iced crates.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 19, 05:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

That actually makes me feel quite sick.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

I have to honestly say in all the years we have never had any trouble with Q jumpers in Disney World or Universal. The only place where I have scene it was Disney Paris and it was so bad we never have gone back again. Families were entering rides like the spinning cups or carrocel from the exit and the staff just watched them as they were to scared to do anything about it.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
teerts
Excited about Disney

I've never experienced them in Florida, but I have in the UK, what I've found is they start pushing through saying they have been to the toilet, when you've been stood in a queue for 30 minutes and no one has gone the other way I stop letting them through, when they confront me and say they've just been to the toilet, I tell them I didn't see them go the other way, so they can either wait behind me or go to the back. I got a cheer from the rest of the queue when I stopped one family in Legoland pulling many people through!

I'd be quite happy to have a chat with them & a CM, it really annoys me when groups/families send one person to hold a space then try and get another 10 through the queue!