Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Nov 19, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Not correct sorry. My Son is a Police Officer and he is an expert on this part of the law. It's not an offence unless an element of danger or carelessness is created hence then a due care charge can be made.
It's very much a grey area though and each case is taken on its merits.

Like Wanye I do it all the time
Well up here in Scotland my traffic policelady biker friend would stop the vast majority of undertakers on open road dual carriageways, but also would stop a “ overtaking Lane” hogger for a chat about being inconsiderate to others. But I suppose around Aberdeen the roads are quieter than down your way.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Mike. My view is the outside lane of the I4 is for nut cases!
The driving on that road is getting worse year on year.
Nut case here! I will use whichever lane inc the outside lane to make safe progress on the I4.
I drive using Roadcraft police driving method called The System. ( learned from police during my time as advanced motorcycle instructor.) . It’s all about observation on what’s going on all around you. Up front, beside and behind.

Yes there are nutters out there, and yes I’ve seen driving standards deteriorate on the I4 ( but also here in the U.K.) but as long as you are aware of them and their projected paths then you should be ok. The most important thing I learnt was to assume that no one else has seen you, and don’t depend on others actions, just make your own decisions .
It is what it is on the I4. You either accept it and drive accordingly, or don’t use it.

Tom I’m not posting against you just putting my outlook on that road. Your assessment will also keep you safe, as will your vast experience of driving in the US.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

Guess this makes me another nutcase 😂 The worst thing I find about the I4 is the tailgating (and I don’t mean getting out for a few beers when it grinds to a standstill)
Stitch & Smudge is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m another that uses any lane and will undertake and overtake at any point to keep my self clear of others.

Unlike the locals however I will use my indicators as I change Lane and I will be within the speed limit and not talking on my phone

Edited at 06:03 PM.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Invisible Man
Getting Excited

Well I can’t wait to get back on the I4 after my last trip on the Freeways around LA. Now that is ridiculous!
Invisible Man is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

I can’t remember who it was but somebody on here ages ago described the I4 as like the M25 but on steroids!
right

but unless you really need to use "fury road" there are so many ways to avoid it

and that would be my best advice in regards to this thread.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gonzosuperfan
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

As long as you’ve got a V8 under the “hood” and a CDW in your glovebox just go for it! It’s like real life GTA, there are no apparent rules - I enjoyed it!
gonzosuperfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gonzosuperfan View Post
As long as you’ve got a V8 under the “hood” and a CDW in your glovebox just go for it! It’s like real life GTA, there are no apparent rules - I enjoyed it!
Made me laugh.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by angelbabe View Post
I actually honked my horn at someone BEHIND me yesterday! Merging onto the slip road from I4 to 192, I indicated and went to pull in and the **** (insert your own profanity) behind me did the same but tried to get in front of me by speeding up and undertaking whilst I was already manoeuvring. He got a round of curse words definitely not fit for a lady when he sailed past me on the slip road later with his eyes fixed forward.
I wouldn't advise road rage in the states, you never know what kind of nutter you are coming up against. Think gun and stay calm. If the nutter wants to get by, let him.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
I wouldn't advise road rage in the states, you never know what kind of nutter you are coming up against. Think gun and stay calm. If the nutter wants to get by, let him.

Dave
Hi Dave, very true. I've lived here for over 11 years though so get the 'feel' of what to avoid if you see what I mean?
angelbabe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List