Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Nov 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Dollar missed toll charge

My hubby did the ultimate sin last night, didn’t listen to me and we ended up driving on a toll road .75 exact cash and we had no cash. Does anyone know how much he has cost us lol

Thanks
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by elmlea22 View Post
My hubby did the ultimate sin last night, didn’t listen to me and we ended up driving on a toll road .75 exact cash and we had no cash. Does anyone know how much he has cost us lol

Thanks
Don’t worry, I never listen to my wife either

But seriously...
This is from the Sunpass rental car page under Dollar
sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml:

. [If not enrolled at time of reservation or at the rental counter, and user incurred toll charges by utilizing a dedicated or express lane, a $9.99 administrative fee + toll is assessed for each infraction to a maximum fee of $90.00. These fees and tolls are charged separately after the completion of the rental.

Edited at 11:26 AM.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
uktigg
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Don’t worry, I never listen to my wife either

But seriously...
This is from the Sunpass rental car page under Dollar
sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml:

. [If not enrolled at time of reservation or at the rental counter, and user incurred toll charges by utilizing a dedicated or express lane, a $9.99 administrative fee + toll is assessed for each infraction to a maximum fee of $90.00. These fees and tolls are charged separately after the completion of the rental.
Try this link - sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

It's amazing how much of a problem a spurious colon can make
Old 14 Nov 19, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that you willhave at least a $25.00 admin charge plus the toll.
Old 14 Nov 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

$15 admin fee for each toll missed plus the toll.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
$15 admin fee for each toll missed plus the toll.
Andy
So does that mean that the rates quoted on the Sunpass rental car page under Dollar is now out of date.?
I’m sure you have the most current info

On here
sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by uktigg View Post
Try this link - sunpass/en/tolls/rentalVehicles.shtml

It's amazing how much of a problem a spurious colon can make
Oh no, I’ve just given myself a good talking to, and been sent to bed without my Horlicks
(Thanks for correcting )
Old 14 Nov 19, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

With Dollar you have to sign up to their automated tolling system at the start of the rental. Then you'll be charged their extortionate fees of $52.49 per week. If you don't sign up and accidentally go through an automated toll, you get their fine/admin fee of $15 for each violation. It's not like Alamo / Budget / Avis / Hertz where it'll auto activate the automated tolling system.

(It's been a while since I checked but I'm sure the Dollar fine is $15 for each violation... Sure it's capped at some amount over $100 as well)

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 12:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Andy you are correct ref all States apart from Florida and Massachusetts. Those two are $9.99 admin fee per toll.

Please check with local tolling authority for all available payment options. If you do not pay for tolls via available payment options, you will be charged for (a) all tolls incurred (at the highest, undiscounted applicable toll rate); (b) a $15.00 administrative fee (FL and MA - $9.99 per occurrence) for each toll incurred (subject to a $90.00 cap for such toll-related administrative fees for the rental period); and (c) all other applicable toll charges or fees, if any. PlatePass is not available on tollways in Alabama, Alaska, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Nevada, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, Utah, or California roads: I-10, I-110, SR 91, I-15 Express Lanes, SR 125, I-580, I-680, SR 237, and the Contra Costa Express Lanes. To see the current listing of tollways that are considered Out-of-Network please visit Platepass/locations. .

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I done this in July, went into Walmart where their returns and banking are done and the girl behind the desk talked me through it - even telling me where the nearest post office was
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List