Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 17 Nov 19, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile Discovery cove what day?

I’m thinking of booking for Saturday 29th August - this is towards the end of our holiday as we are on site at Disney the first week so don’t want it then. Also staying for one night at hard rock beginning of sept. If weather is bad, it would give us the Sunday, wed, thurs before we fly home. Is that enough time to rearrange ( just wanted it on a Saturday as other parks might be busy then, or do we book fri 28th instead ? ) thanks
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
kiwiinabd
Very Serious Dibber

Many people book DC at the weekends because of its limited numbers at DC and parks are normally busier at the weekend etc.

I think if you encountered bad weather and had three alternative days than that should be OK.

Most people try to arrive early and get the dolphin swim done in the morning as normally less chance of thunderstorms in the morning !
kiwiinabd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
nicola-disney15
Excited about Disney

I'd definitely go for the Saturday if I was you. You'd still have a few days to rearrange if needed and early September in Orlando is one of the quieter times of year so can't imagine they will be fully booked that week.

We have just booked for when we go in April. The cheaper dates were only available towards the end of our stay so we are going on a Thursday but fly home on the Saturday. Couldn't do any earlier as prices were too high or clashed with out stay at HRH.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for perfect weather!

Edited at 10:22 PM.
nicola-disney15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

We did ours on the sunday 10th Nov. That gave us 4days until we flew home Thurs night if weather stopped the Sunday visit.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

We always book it for a weekend because the other parks are usually always busy but Discovery Cove limited the amount of guests they have per day.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Id stick with the Saturday, there's enough time to get it in should you need to
Old 18 Nov 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Weekends are best as said as the park is limited in numbers. When we went recently the park wasnt quiet full and I would have no issue going when it was full as we never sat down unless it was to eat.
I dont think you can book a Orlando vacation (especially in August) thinking about the weather as the chance of a thunderstorm somewhere is extremely high and the water parks close the pools if one is somewhere near.
You will easily get it rebooked if it is cancelled, but the chances are more likely that they will be open but may close the water during periods of thunder.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

I always go on a Saturday for the reasons mentioned above.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 19, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucky23
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Thanks - have booked it for the Saturday 29th August ( gives us 3 other days to rearrange due to weather )
Lucky23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List