Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Nov 19, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Ice Breaker and Iron Gwazi ride vehicles

The IAAPA (International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) expo has started in Orlando, and Seaworld/Busch Gardens has shown off the ride vehicles for their new rollercoasters coming in Spring 2020.

Here’s Ice Breaker’s vehicle:

And here’s Iron Gwazi’s vehicle:

I like the front of Iron Gwazi’s vehicle.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Iron Gwazi has inversions I might be a bit scared having no overhead restraints.
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Beautiful! Out of all the rides opening next year I'm most excited for these two. Seaworld parks are knocking it out the park lately with proper rollercoasters.
Old 20 Nov 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by minimum77 View Post
Iron Gwazi has inversions I might be a bit scared having no overhead restraints.
Does it? Even though I know that you don't need overhead restraints, I think I'd also be a bit worried about not having them.

Also, I thought the Gwazi was a mythical creature with the head of a tiger and body of a lion? That doesn't look like a tiger's head on the vehicle - more like a dragon or alligator.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
minimum77
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Does it? Even though I know that you don't need overhead restraints, I think I'd also be a bit worried about not having them.

Also, I thought the Gwazi was a mythical creature with the head of a tiger and body of a lion? That doesn't look like a tiger's head on the vehicle - more like a dragon or alligator.
I watched a YouTube concept video and it had a few corkscrews and a part where you go into a corkscrew but stay upside down for a good few seconds while going forward in a straight line. Sorry I don't know how do do clickys
minimum77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Twisted Colossus at Six Flags Magic Mountain is pretty much the same sort of ride, and they don't have shoulder restraints. I didn't feel unsafe. I think with the amount of airtime you get on this sort of ride would be uncomfortable with shoulder restraints
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ils
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The reason why were coming back in 2021 is to ride Iron Gwazi...will hopefully be up there with Steel Vengeance as the best rollercoaster in the world operating.

The best bit it has a 48 inch height requirement so even my youngest will be able to get on to his first RMC.
Ils is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
m2k00
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

A lot of the major ride manufactures now use lap style restraints for their coasters even with inversions. Perfectly safe and make a much more enjoyable ride experience than potentially bashing head/shoulders against the side of restraints.
m2k00 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba2014
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ils View Post
The reason why were coming back in 2021 is to ride Iron Gwazi...will hopefully be up there with Steel Vengeance as the best rollercoaster in the world operating.

The best bit it has a 48 inch height requirement so even my youngest will be able to get on to his first RMC.
Same, Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker have me more excited than riding Hagrids! They reckon it'll open in Spring so I've tried to go as late in Spring as possible to give us much chance as I can of riding it on our next trip.
Old 20 Nov 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Simba2014 View Post
Same, Iron Gwazi and Ice Breaker have me more excited than riding Hagrids! They reckon it'll open in Spring so I've tried to go as late in Spring as possible to give us much chance as I can of riding it on our next trip.
have you ridden Hagrids? If not dont write it off as it is an awesome ride