Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post

Lol... I will more than likely go this route but if the server doesn’t offer, I won’t be too self conscious to ask. After all, if that’s policy then I feel like it shouldn’t matter if it’s a party of 1 or 10
Oh goodness no I was not suggesting that there should be a different policy for a small party, we are a small party too. I meant it is a very little known “policy” that is why I would be too self conscious. There is enough to pick from the buffet anyway. Although I do like the sound of the pineapple french toast which wasn’t there last time we went, might get that to share as a third entree between two next time.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Oh goodness no I was not suggesting that there should be a different policy for a small party, we are a small party too. I meant it is a very little known “policy” that is why I would be too self conscious. There is enough to pick from the buffet anyway. Although I do like the sound of the pineapple french toast which wasn’t there last time we went, might get that to share as a third entree between two next time.
Third entree sounds like such an ideal way to try something new

I’m torn between the Chicken Katsu and the Bison Burger. I think the tradition of allowing more than one entree is quite common place - nearly every review on trip advisor mentions it. I just wondered if anyone had recent experience. As we all know Disney can change the rules at any point
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Third entree sounds like such an ideal way to try something new

I’m torn between the Chicken Katsu and the Bison Burger. I think the tradition of allowing more than one entree is quite common place - nearly every review on trip advisor mentions it. I just wondered if anyone had recent experience. As we all know Disney can change the rules at any point
I had the bison burger at Wilderness Lodge, if it is anything like that then it would be a real treat, delicious.
Old 21 Nov 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had the bison burger at Wilderness Lodge, if it is anything like that then it would be a real treat, delicious.
Was that at Geyser Point? I was hoping to try there for a cocktail. You might have just come up with a solution if two entrees are a no go.

I could go for the chicken katsu in that case and then get the bison burger with a cocktail another time as I’m staying at Wilderness Lodge
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Was that at Geyser Point? I was hoping to try there for a cocktail. You might have just come up with a solution if two entrees are a no go.

I could go for the chicken katsu in that case and then get the bison burger with a cocktail another time as I’m staying at Wilderness Lodge
Yes we stayed at WL in September and it was the bison burger at Geyser Point. Delicious. I had some service issues but the burger was sensational, reviewed here.

I was never saying two entrees were not a go by the way, other people have clearly done it so it is a go. I only ever said that I would have been self conscious, purely because I didn’t see anybody do that and they don’t promote it. To be honest, I don’t think I could manage chicken Katsura, bison burger plus try the buffet anyway. If you have better luck than me at hitting Geyser Point at the right time, it would be a nice evening I am sure.

Edited at 02:09 PM.
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes we stayed at WL in September and it was the bison burger at Geyser Point. Delicious. I had some service issues but the burger was sensational, reviewed here.

I was never saying two entrees were not a go by the way, other people have clearly done it so it is a go. I only ever said that I would have been self conscious, purely because I didn’t see anybody do that and they don’t promote it. To be honest, I don’t think I could manage chicken Katsura, bison burger plus try the buffet anyway. If you have better luck than me at hitting Geyser Point at the right time, it would be a nice evening I am sure.

Oh gosh, no I know you didn’t imply that it wasn’t possible - I was just saying just because it was possible it doesn’t mean it still is or that I’ll be allowed to do it even iyswim?

So it’s lovely to know there’s another option out there that probably is more sensible too, thank you
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I have never had sushi, the idea of plus having to pay for it and I might not eat it. So I might give it a try just because it’s included and if I spit it out so what. I was in Vienna once and had a sampler starter that had a oyster on it. I managed to get it to my lips quite a few times but couldn’t go any further, having 8 other starters I wasn’t bothered.
Mazbar is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
I have never had sushi, the idea of plus having to pay for it and I might not eat it. So I might give it a try just because it’s included and if I spit it out so what. I was in Vienna once and had a sampler starter that had a oyster on it. I managed to get it to my lips quite a few times but couldn’t go any further, having 8 other starters I wasn’t bothered.
Well I love sushi and more to the point I love sashimi and I love other raw meat / fish dishes like tartare. But I draw the line at an oyster. Yuk. Slimey and horrid. Nothing like sushi, sashimi or tartare.
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
To be honest, I’ve never tried it either - the thought of it puts me off.

Claudette, from thr Cali Grill sushi offerings, what would you recommend to a complete sushi novice?
Old 21 Nov 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've been there a few times solo (most recently at the start of this month!).

Last year I had heard about being able to order more than one entree, so I asked my server about that and mentioned that I wasn't sure if I could finish two entrees. He said that one of the entrees I was considering was a fairly small portion, and that if I couldn't finish the two entrees I ordered they could always box up what was leftover for me to bring back. I somehow managed to finish both entrees but that was because one of them was indeed a fairly small portion.

Will add that I usually eat so much at brunch that I'm full for the rest of the day! Most of that is down to the amazing appetiser buffet, which is great both in quality and variety. And this year I went there after running the half marathon (so was pretty hungry at the start of brunch), and was already feeling full after the appetiser buffet and had to very slowly work my way through my entree! So there was no way I was getting a second entree this year...