Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Nov 19, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayrshire88
Getting to know the DIBB

Child seat Info?

Hey all,

My family and i travel to Orlando on the 7th Dec, we've been many times before but this will be our first time with our 9 month old daughter.
Looking for some advice on car seats, cant decide wether to take ours and put it in the hold or just rent one when we are there from Alamo?

My main worry is the condition and how well looked after the rental seats have been, any information or advice from people that have used or rented them would be much appreciated.

Fraser.
Ayrshire88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ayrshire88 View Post
My main worry is the condition and how well looked after the rental seats have been, any information or advice from people that have used or rented them would be much appreciated.
with Alamo at MCO you get to pick your car seat from a small shed behind the desk in the garage
they're wrapped and clean
if one doesn't look good to you, just take another one from the pile

now, before we go again into the "your UK seat is not approved for use in the US" (it's not approved for use in the US) there is one FACT regarding the bit I have quoted above :

whatever the shape and the abuse the rental car seat may have been through with other customers, the thing is that it will very likely have been through less of a beating than your own car seat will have gone through when handled by airport personnel.

and the rental car seat, you only keep for a few weeks
your own car seat, will have been more than abused by 2 transatlantic flights, and you'll keep using it when your back home.

if you fear the car seat you could rent would be in a bad shape, just consider that it will always be in a better shape than your own car seat will be when you come back.

Edited at 02:12 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayrshire88
Getting to know the DIBB

Good point well made, appreciate the info Looks like we will just rent one and hope its in decent condition. If all else fails we will keep the rental one for a day and drive straight to target to purchase one i suppose.

Fraser.
Ayrshire88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I couldn't agree more with what Chmurf says. We take a booster for our Granddaughter but she is approaching 9 and is a very tall girl so can manage without one anyhow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Weddingnyc
Apprentice Imagineer

We’ve rented 3 seats, 3 times from Alamo. They’ve all been in great condition (and definitely cleaner than the ones in my car &#128584, and we’ll be hiring from them again next time.
NY and Boston July 2020
Weddingnyc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Weddingnyc View Post
We’ve rented 3 seats, 3 times from Alamo. They’ve all been in great condition (and definitely cleaner than the ones in my car &#128584, and we’ll be hiring from them again next time.

absolutely

when our DS needed it, we rented the car seats from alamo (couldn't be bothered to haul one halfway around the globe ... )

they always have been better than the one we had in our own car

I remember DS's frustration once when we came back, and our then 3.5 years old whined that our own car seat didn't have a built in cup holder like the one he had on vacations ... ...
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You have all got me thinking, DS takes theirs but going to rethink

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 19, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ayrshire88
Getting to know the DIBB

Really appreciate all the info people, def put my mind at ease. Safe to say we will just rent one. Suppose thats one less thing for me to carry at the airport

F